Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery on a 2006 GTO, Auto. and was wondering: Did anyone offer a "Royal Bobcat 400 pkg. in 2006 or later?..I know Royal was out of business, but car has hdrs. and exhaust and the side emblems say "400 Bobcat". I think it was just an enthusiastic owner, but I don't know. I don't currently have contact info. THNX!, dave B.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Dave I think it would have been a good idea to promote it better, not sure if it actually happened. I owned an 05 about 11 years ago it was a good car. I think it was too little too late for Pontiac to pull this off.I hope it gets it due in the future

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Dave I think it would have been a good idea to promote it better, not sure if it actually happened. I owned an 05 about 11 years ago it was a good car. I think it was too little too late for Pontiac to pull this off.I hope it gets it due in the future
Oh by the way they only made them from 2004 to 2006

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've been reading up on them. I used to be OLD SCHOOL..I believe I was number 99 of the original GTOAA--Met all the old time GTOers at meets: Paul Zazarine, Jim Wangers, Milt Schornac actually built the engine I had on a 1974 Trans Am SupperDuty 455. Incredible!1 Jim wangers was a crazy man, nice guy! Lots of others, but I left the hobby about 10 years ago. I'm impressed how compact and powerrful the new Goats were/are. (Ps I lived a couple of miles from Royal Pontiac (in Royal Oak, MI. ) in Detroit and I bought an original, stock 1965 GTO, tri-power, 4 spd., white convertible top, turquoise, driver-no rust- ......$1200, in 1980, I believe. Well crap, that was FORTY YEARS AGO!!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Yeah, I've been reading up on them. I used to be OLD SCHOOL..I believe I was number 99 of the original GTOAA--Met all the old time GTOers at meets: Paul Zazarine, Jim Wangers, Milt Schornac actually built the engine I had on a 1974 Trans Am SupperDuty 455. Incredible!1 Jim wangers was a crazy man, nice guy! Lots of others, but I left the hobby about 10 years ago. I'm impressed how compact and powerrful the new Goats were/are. (Ps I lived a couple of miles from Royal Pontiac (in Royal Oak, MI. ) in Detroit and I bought an original, stock 1965 GTO, tri-power, 4 spd., white convertible top, turquoise, driver-no rust- ......$1200, in 1980, I believe. Well crap, that was FORTY YEARS AGO!!
Post some pics of it

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Doubtful that a new age GTO was ever offered with Royal Bobcat badging since Royal Pontiac ceased to exist sometime in the 80s. Through the years it became Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac, Bob Schaffo Pontiac and then Jim Fresard Pontiac. Royal had long since ceased to exist before the 2004-2006 GTO was released. Franchise agreements for Pontiac dealers expired in October 31, 2010, More likely, as you said, the product of an enthusiastic previous owner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. You're right. 2006 is/was an appreciation badge. ' Bobcat 400'. I believe the badges were original, however.. I'm thinking of a Supertune by Livernois Perf. here in Detroit. Car has Kooks Hdrs., and JB exhaust. GTOAA tech man says just the tune will really open up perf. He suggested an HP tune, but Livernois said there's was equal to, or better than HP. Here's the question: As I'm not an expert, can a mid -level cam be installed with STOCK LS-2 heads? If so, will perf. still approach that of getting Heads and cam?? Or must cam and heads be done together, other smaller mods to approach 500 RWHP? I'm thinking 93 octane only because that's what's avail. closest to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts