Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am wondering about the options I have in colors for the GTO. I am looking to get one in the next month or so and I am torn between two colors. I would like a Black 2005 GTO because the 2006 is not that different than the 2005 and the price is still high on the 2006 models. I looked at a 2006 GTO and loved the color Brazen orange on it. I am Buying the GTO from a dealer regardless because I am still young and this is my first new car, but I want to know if I like the color Brazen Orange should I go with the 2006 or just stick with the Black on Black 2005? It is a hard choice I think but will I get better financing on an 06' or better with the 05? Oh questions, questions, and more questions. I need some answers if you have them and would like to hear your opinions so shout out and let me know.

Appreciate the help.:shutme

·
Registered
201 Posts
Brazen Orange is awesome color and was only an 06 color which will date the car which IMO is not a bad thing with cars.Its not like knowing all the music at the grocery store.Just get a GTO you will be pleased with it I havent seen one I couldnt live with.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually in all honesty the black will be a bear to keep looking good. You can't beat the look of a clean black car, but there is nothing that looks as bad as a dirty black car either.

If you are torn between orange and black and can't decide you should take that into consideration.

·
Registered
49 Posts
so the orange will attract the cops, so go with the black?
That's my feeling...

I drive on a fairly busy interstate at the same time every morning. There's a guy in a yellow Charger Daytona R/T that I see coming in the other direction at the same time.

Without fail he either pops his high beams at me or I to him when we see each other.

Bright color cars (Orange, Yellow and Red) jump out from a distance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If the Brazen was really orange I would say go with that but its more of a copper color that I really don't like it at all.....the car looks awesome in black,its the baddest ass color(and you can get the beautiful red interior),yes you will have to work on keeping it clean but its well worth it
If you want a 1 year only color I would recommend the Spice red its much nicer than that copper color they call orange

·
Registered
123 Posts
If the Brazen was really orange I would say go with that but its more of a copper color that I really don't like it at all.....the car looks awesome in black,its the baddest ass color(and you can get the beautiful red interior),yes you will have to work on keeping it clean but its well worth it
If you want a 1 year only color I would recommend the Spice red its much nicer than that copper color they call orange

I really like the Spice Red and would have bought it. The dealer I was dealing with wouldn't meet the price on the deal I already had in writing. I went back to the original dealer who stood by our deal and tried doing a dealer trade with the other guys. The other guys knew they had the only Spice Red in my area so they wouldn't do it. I ended up with Torrid Red which I liked nearly as much. Besides I hear they are faster than the Spice Red. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts

Much nicer than the copper color they call orange??? First its called Brazen Orange Metallic, 2nd: Brazen means, made of or resembling brass, Copper doesn't even resmble this color. Everyone is entitled to their choice of color but the Brazen Orange certainly attracts attention. There are 1000's of red cars, you don't see this color at every light which is why I bought the color. Black is beautiful clean( PITA to keep clean ). The Impulse Blue is another stand out color IMO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'll avoid reducing myself to calling names, but i have a brazen orange, the ONLY brazen orange in my area, which has proven good and BAD, especially shortly after showing off. It's easy to hide black in a group of, say Hyundai Tiburons (plenty of those in black):D , or Grand Ams:cheers , etc, etc, but now on to the business. My car has been in the paint shop three times b/c of paint issues from the factory and it has proven a PIA to match the color. A couple of others around here have had problems with the paint on BOM's also. I have it and love the car but might rethink the color if I did it again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually in all honesty the black will be a bear to keep looking good. You can't beat the look of a clean black car, but there is nothing that looks as bad as a dirty black car either.

If you are torn between orange and black and can't decide you should take that into consideration.
:agree but if you are the type that likes to take good care of your baby like I do then black is perfection...so beautiful...especially with red interior :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.