Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not me, my friend with the 2007 Mustang GT.

He had every bolt-on except headers and was still a full half second behind me. I posted why does he keep trying once. He said he read the post and kept thinking I was right. He looked at GTO's, but in the end his wife convinced him that the CTS was a better car for their needs.

He bought a 2006 Caddilac CTS-V. It's silver with black. It has 14,000 miles and he got it for $24,000 which is a heck of a price, half what the car was new.

Well there's one convert from the dark side. My post accomplished what I hoped for.

I hope Mike reads this post and joins. The CTS-V is close enough to a GTO to be considered bretheren.

:cheers on a great car and admiting ones mistakes and correcting them.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just talking to him, he raced our one frined with the Mach 1 and spanked him.

Problem is he now wants to race me. I got that little tingle you get when your not sure what the outcome is going to be. Should definately be fun.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I love the interior of the new V. Can't get myself to drop the $$ for one though when the G8 is much less and very capeable also. Def not the same class, but you know what I mean.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I love the interior of the new V. Can't get myself to drop the $$ for one though when the G8 is much less and very capable also. Def not the same class, but you know what I mean.
G8 vs. caddie............damn! If it was a GXP it would win!!!!

But the G8 GT Has a Lax cam and A lax gear ratio (2.78:1iirc) so for now the caddie wins but honestly the camaro has to go in there too it's the only 2 door(thus my automatic winner) :( awhhhhh So lonely

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
G8 vs. caddie............damn! If it was a GXP it would win!!!!

But the G8 GT Has a Lax cam and A lax gear ratio (2.78:1iirc) so for now the caddie wins but honestly the camaro has to go in there too it's the only 2 door(thus my automatic winner) :( awhhhhh So lonely
I test drove a G8GT(A6) and the GXP(A6), I found for the extra money it wasn't even noticble different. I'd rather use the extra few bucks for mods.

But the V is a better car, but its that much more money, for bang for the bunk G8!

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Honestly, I picked the GTO over a G8 because of the weight advantage, and better gas mileage. From everything I read, the GTO had slightly better performance numbers. Price was sort of an afterthought... I was looking at '09 Solstice GXP Coupes too.

I don't think I'd do things differently given a second chance. :cool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts