2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May 2006 817
May 2005 1,093

% Change -28.2

2006 YTD 4,316
2005 YTD 5,465

% Change -21.0

No figures on total GTO production before it ceased, how many total cars are/were available or how many days of inventory exist. FYI.

Don't know why sales are down. Could be gas prices, dealers holding out for higher margins as they know this is the last model year or consumers holding out for better incentives as the current ones are pretty tame compared to what will be offered later in the year.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Interesting- - this car is a sleeper on the road, and has been now for 3 years as well on the lots- -

I think the HUGE rebates and incentives late in '04 have people waiting. I know I did. Could have bought a new '04 for < $20K in December of '04; tried to get as close to that as I could with an '05, which delayed me buying one by about 3 or 4 months- - -finally went ahead and got mine in January.

The '05's are the deals IMHO. No where can you buy a car with 400 HP for anywhere near the deals on the '05's.

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's weird--it seems like there have been more people popping into this forum in the last 6 months than in the late months of last year, and new owners cropping up (like myself).

That said, it could be that the gas prices not giving in could be effecting it some. Maybe a few other minor things, like some people who were waiting for Ford to release the GT500, and some other people who are waiting to see what Dodge will do with the Challenger.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I think the low sales are because of the lack of commericals I have not seen an GTO In 6 mounths or more, But unlike GTO I see a mustang one everyday

don't know what is up with ponatic but if they don't do some ads soon and keep letting ford do those bull**** commericals they are not going to sell any more.Wake up ponatic Tv sells.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here's a good example from yesterday why sales are not what they should be:

The Wife and I were standing outside looking at a house when the agent's wife drives up in a Blue Z28 that's about the same color as our '06 GTO.
I commented nice car and he says, "yes we have always liked the z28s."
The wife walks up and asks my wife, "Is that your car? I really like those Mustangs!" I then reply, very nicely, that it's a 400hp Pontiac GTO. Both her and her husband respond with a surprised look and remark, "A what?"
I respond with "It's a 400hp, 2006, Pontiac GTO. If you like the z28's then you'd love the GTO."

This couple, who like the Z28, is a prime target market for the GTO and for three years neither of them had heard anything about the car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I picked mine up there were a couple low mile 05's for 24-27k. I really don't think that GM was into this GTO. Every car they really want to sell they advertise the hell out of. They were giving away G6's on Oprah, I used to see a HHR comercial like three times a day, and the "live green, go yellow" ads are everywhere. You can be sure the new Camaro will be seen everywhere. Oh well at least we know and we got our Goats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got my new '05 M6 w/18's (with 80 miles on the clock), during the March Madness sale. Paid $24.5K plus TTL (over $9600 off MSRP). You can still find great deals on low milage GTO's on cars.com or autotrader.com (just to name a few). However, most of the new '05's left on dealer lots will have auto transmissions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.