Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTO judge said:

well, they want $500 over that

Is it still a good deal? I was hoping to get one for about 30,500 thinking invoice was around 29,500

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Auto invoice cost is $32238
Manual invoice cost is $31,486.

If you want I can print the invoice out for you and you can give it to them to verify the cost. Thats always fun.

$500 over invoice on an 06 is a good deal. I would not hesitate on that one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
dealernut said:

If you want I can print the invoice out for you and you can give it to them to verify the cost. Thats always fun.

What are the 2005 models going for? One dealer in NY quoted me $31600 on a 2005 GTO for the Auto with 17" wheels.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
UFOGTO said:
What are the 2005 models going for? One dealer in NY quoted me $31600 on a 2005 GTO for the Auto with 17" wheels.
Take the #'s I have there and subtract $2000.00 due to rebates.

I generally sell mine to forum members for supplier pricing, which is about $500 below invoice, + all applicable rebates

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
A guy up the street from my parents just paid $40000 for a 2005 GTO as the dealer painted on a beautiful set of stereo stripes (silver stripes on dark blue metallic) while adding a cat back exhaust plus 245ZR19s up front and 275ZR19s out back. Don't know if that's with tax or not -- which, with plates, is around 9% in Kally-forn-ya. The tires were Nitto Extremes while the wheels were PIAA three piece. Pricey, I know, but the car is extremely well done.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
A guy up the street from my parents just paid $40000 for a 2005 GTO as the dealer painted on a beautiful set of stereo stripes (silver stripes on dark blue metallic) while adding a cat back exhaust plus 245ZR19s up front and 275ZR19s out back. Don't know if that's with tax or not -- which, with plates, is around 9% in Kally-forn-ya. The tires were Nitto Extremes while the wheels were PIAA three piece. Pricey, I know, but the car is extremely well done.
I did a 05 yellow with black stripes and a stage 1 lingenfelter and the car grew cob webs in the showroom. I personally could not believe no one wanted the car when it only cost 4k more than a completly stock car. Unfortunately it put a bad taste in my mouth for upgrading GTO's.

I am currently working on purchasing a Mallett conversion Solstice for the dealership. Hopefully it will do better.

Worse case scenario is that I will trade in the goat for it myself.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dealernut said:

is that w/ or w/o 18's?

I keep getting different #'s from the net

Edmunds says M6 w/ 18's should be 32,557 (but I think they were adding in gas guzzler to both auto's and manuals)

Cars.com says 31,238

·
Registered
66 Posts
dealernut said:

http://www.pontiac.com/gto/index.jsp
Says base MSRP before incentives is $31,990... Add $695 for M6...
I didn't buy mine yet because the dealer said they didn't even know the MSRP was lowered that much from GM and that GM wasn't giving them any money back on the ones still sitting on the lot. So... I should wait until they get some more in at the new invoice price so I can take advantage of the 2k difference in MSRP.

Have you heard anything? What is the new invoice price at the new MSRP?

·
Registered
210 Posts
dealernut said:
I did a 05 yellow with black stripes and a stage 1 lingenfelter and the car grew cob webs in the showroom. I personally could not believe no one wanted the car when it only cost 4k more than a completly stock car. Unfortunately it put a bad taste in my mouth for upgrading GTO's.

I am currently working on purchasing a Mallett conversion Solstice for the dealership. Hopefully it will do better.

Worse case scenario is that I will trade in the goat for it myself.
Do it again, it wont sit there long I promise, better yet the 455 bobcat from slp...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.