Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an 06 GTO key fob to replace broken one. I bought one on eBay but it won’t program... called gm dealer, who said they don’t make them anymore...can’t order one... can someone point me in the right direction? I need help finding the right one...thanks Steve

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just bought this one a few months back. Not sure why it says “email for price” now... but i paid about $80 i believe. Its the case, buttons and transmitter guts. You just take your old “key“ portion and swap it it over. Its only 2 small philips screws that hold it in.

if you look at this website under 2004-2006 gto keys you can buy ones that are holden badged as well. Their prices are listed.

You will need to program the transmitter. Not that hard. It comes with instructions. Its a 10minute procedure or you can take it to the dealer. OR they have the option on the website to program it for you if you provide the security codes, for an additional fee of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought this one a few months back. Not sure why it says “email for price” now... but i paid about $80 i believe. Its the case, buttons and transmitter guts. You just take your old “key“ portion and swap it it over. Its only 2 small philips screws that hold it in.

if you look at this website under 2004-2006 gto keys you can buy ones that are holden badged as well. Their prices are listed.

You will need to program the transmitter. Not that hard. It comes with instructions. Its a 10minute procedure or you can take it to the dealer. OR they have the option on the website to program it for you if you provide the security codes, for an additional fee of course.

Oust looked up you link, and it says discontinued, and shows a substitute part, but I can’t locate that either....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts