Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy I used to work with who has a bone stock 2005 A4 GTO got beat pretty bad by a guy I currently work with who has a mildy souped up GTI. It's a stage 2 blah blah blah with upgraded downpipe and whatever wizardry the ricer community uses to make those things go faster. All I know is that it still has the stock turbo in it. I was surprised that they were that fast. They only have like 200 hp stock. I don't know how much the GTI has now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A guy I used to work with who has a bone stock 2005 A4 GTO got beat pretty bad by a guy I currently work with who has a mildy souped up GTI. It's a stage 2 blah blah blah with upgraded downpipe and whatever wizardry the ricer community uses to make those things go faster. All I know is that it still has the stock turbo in it. I was surprised that they were that fast. They only have like 200 hp stock. I don't know how much the GTI has now.
wizardry lol. I liked my integra because noone was afraid to race me because it was an integra lol. I think i lost once. This wizardry u speak of consists of ditching the stock aluminum sleeves for steel sleeves, aftermarket rods, pistons, etc upgrading the fuel system and of course a turbo. I love my GTO but at the same time whenver I get hit up im scared for two reasons....one is that it is slower than my old car, and two anyone brave enough to race a GTO knows how fast they are and probably has a good chance to beat it otherwise they would not be trying to race the goat. once i get my cam and tune I will feel a little better about this heavy beast

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2007 Stage 2 Gti. A couple of weeks ago I ran into an LS2 GTO on the highway. We messed around for a little from about 65mph and I pulled on him each time. I feel like he was not even racing, or that there was an issue with his car because my car only traps 102-103mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts