Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Front end has that retro looks, but IMO, side view resembles 2005 Mustang. If GM is going to come out with a new bodystyle and use the GTO badge, they need to steal a page from Chrysler and make it look like a GTO from the 60's or 70's. I am partial to the 1970 GTO

·
Registered
214 Posts
One more thing - ditch the high belt line and short side windows. The GTO is a crusing car and with the height on those windows, I would get some sort of shoulder impingement syndrome while hanging a wing on a long cruise. I test drove an RT Wagon and the design of the windows is similar. Very high and short, felt like I was looking out the side of a tank.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've seen those illustrations quite a few times already, and I keep thinking the same thing: the face looks like an '82 Pontiac J2000, or the old '77 Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am. I was never partial to the front facia on either car. I don't like the long black grille openings with dual headlights incorporated into the grille at the outer edge. I totally agree with QwkRed--leave the trademark Pontiac twin-kidney grilles, but make 'em tighter and place the headlights outboard of them, all on their own.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
TexasRealtor said:
These are from May 2005. Anyone have anything more recent?

:agree
This is old news about the GTO. To my knowledge there is no true concept yet. Only speculations.

BTW - QwkRed05GTO -I completely agree about the high beltline. I hate that about the Solstice. You cannot hang your are on the window.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TexasRealtor said:
These are from May 2005. Anyone have anything more recent?

Yeah, I was snooping around and I've found nothing new as of yet. BTW I read off of Hot Rod magazine of a new LS8 and LS9. I was shocked, anyone know where I can get more information, Google is of no help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.