Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Starting to see quite a few of those bad boys around my area - I think they sound super sweet - you can definetly tell the V-6's from the V-8's!!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Not sure if it's because of the YouTube sound quality or that of my computer but it sounds pretty much like my GTO.......

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not post here?...and where is "the lounge"?
I posted under 04-06 general discussions. Should it be under engine discussions? What is the difference and why mention this? The discussion will stop soon in any case.

Lets discuss posting for a moment.
When I post, I can only do so under the Forum Heading. If topics must be so specified as to fall within a catagory, then there should be a posting index to start the process. As far as I can tell, there is none. Why can I not post under active topics?

Explain the importance of not having the "SS exhaust sound" under general discussions and explain why it should be moved to the lounge. The lounge implies a casual category to me anyway.
The small point of amusement I wanted to share was to here the exhaust sound.
The comment made to move this post sounds anal to me.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
:agree You posted a video clip under "Audio and Video Clips". Here's the criteria for this section: "Post links to GTO or Off topic audio & video clips here". Why would you post it anywhere else? I got your back Raspy!!

Ooops, I see they moved ya already to this section from another. I don't know, it's all getting so "political".........

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I examined the Camaro up close, and heard it up close. I am not impressed at all. Maybe it has a lot to do with the 3 years of fornicating enthusiasts by dangling the car in front of them teasing them and being more intent on advertising it than producing it. Now that its out its old hat. Personally I think the Challenger has it all over the Camaro. Now you have Chevy dealers marking this car up 10-15K in this dwindling market. All the while their fingers are crossed they are not the next slated to close.:rolleyes: Greed til the very end.

I don't think it will last more than another model year anyway. It doesn't fit in with the direction of Federal Motors.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Why couldn't they make the damn G8 GT exhaust sound like that?

mac

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Why couldn't they make the damn G8 GT exhaust sound like that?

mac
Maybe because the G8 is a "luxury-sport" sedan and not a "sports" car. I think the "luxury" aspect of it keeps it a little tame. That's all I can see with it not being as throaty/loud as the Camaro's exhaust. The G8 does sound pretty good when someone lays into though. It's subtle but you still know it has a V-8 in it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i drove one with the 6.2L and the 6 speed. i thought it was a little on the quiet side, it could use some high flow mufflers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts