Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruising on the highway on the to work I get a solid CEL. Lower right hand side on the cluster. WTF! I call up the sevice dep., had to leave work early and have them take a look. The guy asks me at the desk if I put gas in it??? I said I'm on the 1st tank from the dealer still.
I then suggested that my gas mileage is at 11.3mpg and that is with stop and go traffic(45min), some freeway cruising and around town without beating on it. I felt this was a bit low but he said that's what 400HP gets ya! I made it clear I didn't buy the car to get good mileage but thought that maybe an O2 sensor or MAF was shot or something.
Sure enough the tech comes back and said that one of my O2 sensors was not reading 200MV like it should. The idiot behind the desk went back to doing papeworkr. Anyways. They ordered the part and hopefully it'll be in before the weekend. Slight bummer but these things happen. Also ran into an 04 GTO owner getting his car serviced. We chatted a bit and he offered up some good info about the Goat. At least some good came out of this. Jimmy.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Jumbojet said:
Cruising on the highway on the to work I get a solid CEL. Lower right hand side on the cluster. WTF! I call up the sevice dep., had to leave work early and have them take a look. The guy asks me at the desk if I put gas in it??? I said I'm on the 1st tank from the dealer still.
I then suggested that my gas mileage is at 11.3mpg and that is with stop and go traffic(45min), some freeway cruising and around town without beating on it. I felt this was a bit low but he said that's what 400HP gets ya! I made it clear I didn't buy the car to get good mileage but thought that maybe an O2 sensor or MAF was shot or something.
Sure enough the tech comes back and said that one of my O2 sensors was not reading 200MV like it should. The idiot behind the desk went back to doing papeworkr. Anyways. They ordered the part and hopefully it'll be in before the weekend. Slight bummer but these things happen. Also ran into an 04 GTO owner getting his car serviced. We chatted a bit and he offered up some good info about the Goat. At least some good came out of this. Jimmy.
howdy jimmy :cheers they can be dorks some times. i have not had the o2 problem but have had the old safty mode (gas pedal sensor). it took about 2 weeks to get the part in. neways, it seems like stuff will happend like all of us. just hope it does it all during the 36000/3yr run out :willy:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't see why not. The 3/36000 was $2500 he said. The plan I got was $1020. It may be more if you didn't do the extended at time of purchase. I do have a $100 deductible when the extended kicks in. The warantee is pro rated and I felt is a good selling point if the need ever arises(EX. $5.00/gal gas) :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
yeah i opted for the ext. also,, was the only good deal i got 5year 100,000miles for 1400.00, because you never know :cheers

also, once factory is over i believe you get something in mail to extend if you want, not sure on that though, maybe someone can elaborate.

·
Registered
80 Posts
JMJ80 said:
yeah i opted for the ext. also,, was the only good deal i got 5year 100,000miles for 1400.00, because you never know :cheers

also, once factory is over i believe you get something in mail to extend if you want, not sure on that though, maybe someone can elaborate.

Yeah once the factory warranty is up you will start getting offers in the mail for ext. warr. plans. Jumbojet that gas mileage will jump up once the engine is broken in, you only have 223 miles, after around 1000 youll notice a signigant change.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's good to hear about the mileage. I got 156 miles of mixed driving from a full tank. I just gased up and it took 14.6GAL/$3.19=$47 :party: . I thought these were 18gal tanks? My needle was on almost the last red slash. Is it true that people are seeing a bit HP/TQ jump after 3-5K miles? Has this been proven on a dyno or only the butt meter. This car is a blast! I actually bought it without going for a test drive and I have no regrets. Jimmy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jumbojet said:
That's good to hear about the mileage. I got 156 miles of mixed driving from a full tank. I just gased up and it took 14.6GAL/$3.19=$47 :party: . I thought these were 18gal tanks? My needle was on almost the last red slash. Is it true that people are seeing a bit HP/TQ jump after 3-5K miles? Has this been proven on a dyno or only the butt meter. This car is a blast! I actually bought it without going for a test drive and I have no regrets. Jimmy.

That is true once it is good and broken in it will free up and youre hp/ tq numbers should jump up. You should be able tofell the difference when you go WOT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts