Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my car dyno tuned today by Steve Williams at Performance Auto Sport in Richmond VA. He definately knows what he is doing. The car runs great! Got 390 rwhp and 389 rwtq. Not bad at all for an automatic and having shorty headers. It would probably break 400 rwhp with longtubes. I am happy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You say "not bad for an automatic?" Your car sounds bad-ass, and the new power is awesome. But i need educated in this catagory. Does a manual pull higher numbers on a dyno ?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you! The car does sound much meaner with the cam.
A manual transmission will make higher numbers on a dyno because there is not as much horsepower loss as what you would see with a automatic. The numbers would probably be about 3-5% higher with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks you! The car does sound much meaner with the cam.
A manual transmission will make higher numbers on a dyno because there is not as much horsepower loss as what you would see with a automatic. The numbers would probably be about 3-5% higher with a manual transmission.
I never knew that, and one more question for ya. If i take my M6 to the dyno, is it normal to do a 3rd gear pull ? I know they wouldnt go through all 6 gears lol, but is 3rd gear pretty accurate?

·
Registered
444 Posts
re

Do you have any new numbers with your long tubes yet---danfigg

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry havent been here in a while but I added ported heads, with the heads by themselves i lost some midrange and gained around 9 hp [email protected] 398.xrwhp. Then i added a fast 102 and pacesetter longtubes. It put down 418 hp and 391 tq. The car runs like a beast now. It picked up like 20rwhp and 30 rwtq through most of the range with the fast and headers. That is over the jba headers and mids and a ported LS2 intake that i had before. This may sound low for heads and cam but im running a small cam and i think my heads are a little overkill for what i have. The car still drives and acts almost like stock and makes awesome power.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts