• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
240sx Vs. GTO

I got a friend that keeps talking trash that he could beat me at quarter mile racing in my GTO. heres the car specs.Decide for yerself. and ill let you know the outcome soon. :willy:

89 240SX -
Driver:good
Engine:SR20 220HP turbo boosting 3 bars /1 bar = 8 pounds
Weight: aprox 2250
everything else stock

05 GTO -
Engine:LS2 400HP NA
Weight: aprox 3800
everything else stock

:party:

·
Registered
212 Posts
He's probably going to take you out of the hole.

But you will pull him, easy.

220whp vs. 350whp

Weight difference is just going to beat up on you out of the hole.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Whiteshadow said:
He's probably going to take you out of the hole.

But you will pull him, easy.

220whp vs. 350whp

Weight difference is just going to beat up on you out of the hole.
I think the exact opposite will occur. With almost 400 lb/ft of torque, you'll beat him off the line, but if he really has 24 lbs of boost, he'll walk you down and beat you in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
24 Posts
how many miles does the GTO have. it is a lot slower if it is not broken in yet. my car picked up a lot after a few thousand miles. that could be the deciding factor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
3 bars of boost is WAY more than 24 lbs of boost. 1.8 bar on the boost gauge is 26 lbs of boost in my Evo.. That is with a turbo upgrade, so I don't know how a smaller turbo is affected, but I cannot believe the 3 bars of boost even with water/alcohol to control detonation.

Goat Boy

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vedli said:
I got a friend that keeps talking trash that he could beat me at quarter mile racing in my GTO. heres the car specs.Decide for yerself. and ill let you know the outcome soon. :willy:

89 240SX -
Engine:SR20 220HP turbo boosting 3 bars /1 bar = 8 pounds
Weight: aprox 2250
everything else stock

05 GTO -
Engine:LS2 400HP NA
Weight: aprox 3800
everything else stock

:party:
My prediction? IF both cars get equal traction out of the hole, and both drivers beat their cars endlessly, then more than likely, it will end up being a tie. Why do I say that? Simple math. For every 100lbs, you need 10 hp to compensate. So, the GTO weighs 1550 more than the 240, which means if you add 155hp to the 240's rating of 220 you get 375. And as anyone who is knowledgeable on a turbo car knows, boost makes torque, and GOBS of it, so even if the rating is lower, the car ends up being faster. That 25hp difference wont amount to much when that turbo is blowing full swing! and if the 240 added a 50 shot of nitrous, its all over for the GTO.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats probably REAR WHEEL horsepower the 240 guy is quoting..... gotta remember Vedli, that 400hp is at the MOTOR, what makes it to the pavement (in a manual) is about 360, its about 330 in an auto.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have to agree that the 240 will win, the Goat will take him off the line but once the turbo lag is gone and he is at full boost he'll come cack!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he will come cack??? WATCH OUT BOB, THAT 240 IS COMING CACK !!!

lol

(all in fun)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its not a question of which to purchase, its a question of which one will DESTROY the other in a race of 1320 feet.

If its a purchase decision, BUY THE GTO !!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
My bad. Guess I should read the entire thread the next time before I open my blather hole.

I guess we'll never know until the 2 hit the track. Recently someone was talking about how his STi (low 13s) beat every ZO6 (low to mid 12s) he lined up against. So at any time any one can win especially when lucks on your side. Yeah we can speculate what might happen but until it really goes down why make SWAGs (Scientific Wild Ass Guesses).

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
because keyboard racing is almost as much fun. :-D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Enough speculation, get on the track and do a best 2-out-of-3 and report the results back to the Forum. Not much track time left and as we all know street racing is illegal ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, street racing is BAD, but we are keyboard racers! So type up or shut up! lol

I will start this cyberdrag !!!!!
Vroom Vroom.... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
65 Posts
3 Bar of boost..........Jesus.......

400hp LS2 is no match............1 bar boost on a sr20 240sx will be more realistic heads up race depending upon turbo used etc etc. At 3 bar, there is no way GTO can keep up.

I used to have a S14 240sx with S14 SR20DET. Currently I have a 93 240sx that is for sale. I am looking to get a GTO in the near future.

Rinku

·
Registered
4 Posts
3 Bar???? Is your friend blowing smoke up your butt or is he really running 43.5psi of boost? LOL....

I see so many "general public" people that are oblivious to this sort of stuff.

Friend of mine had a conversation with a lady and her husband who have a mostly stock 95 Eagle Talon TSI, he told them that it might run 14s in the qtr, the lady proceeded to tell him that she was expecting 6s rofl. All I could figure is she was thinking 0-60.

That kind of stuff happens all the time, some "enthusiasts" really don't know anything.

If your buddy really is running 43+psi, then one, I'd hate to see the budget for the engine that is supporting that much boost, and 2, I'd expect he is well over 1000hp and you probably shouldn't race him :p.

1 Bar = 14.5psi.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts