Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I saw a Veyron in a showroom in Northern California... needless to say, I was scared to even be within 5 ft. of the thing! Of course, there was no price tag on the thing, and at that point I didn't even know what it was... other than a Bugatti.

Makes me want to shart in my pants just watching that video!:willy:

·
Registered
201 Posts
my heart was actually beating really hard after I watched that, I could feel the adrenaline

Top gear is a great show. I like the dude driving the Veyron. He gave the Vauxhall Monaro an awesome review too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey some math wizz. How much more HP does it take to get from 245 to 253.
Weight and drag coefficient of the car are much bigger factors than horsepower when you get into those speeds. Callaway had a twin-turbo Corvette back in the late '80's/early'90's that hit 254mph with 'just' 880hp ( compared to the Bugatti's 1000hp.)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I've got the article from Car and Driver, across the front of the magazine it says "We, AND ONLY WE, drive the Veyron 253 mph!". At the time of press release, C&D were the only ones that had the balls to do it. Apparently this British dude's nads are just as big, lol. By the way, he said 800,000 POUNDS, not U.S. Dollars. The price of the Bugatti Veyron is 1.25 million in American currency ($1,250,000 buys alot of GTO's). A approximately 38 to be exact, at 33K a goat, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Jermy Clarkston said in another ep that it was limited to 253 MPH, but I did not see that anywere else. Looking at the tach it look like it had a bit left in it to do more than 253.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jermy Clarkston said in another ep that it was limited to 253 MPH, but I did not see that anywere else. Looking at the tach it look like it had a bit left in it to do more than 253.

That's what I'm saying, a 500 wet shot would be nice to see at the end there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts