Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2nd annual G8 Owners International Meet will be taking place in the Quad Cities, IL from Sepetmber 9-11. All Aussie born Pontiacs are welcome at the meet. There will be drag racing at Cordova and a car with seperate trophies and classes for both GTOs and G8s. I went last year and 65 G8s showed up. we're hoping for even more this year and a lot of GTOs. I know it's short notice, I had hoped to make a whole section for info about the event. But if you live a modest driving distance from the Quad Cities, it is worth checking out.

The host hotel is the Isle of Capri in Moline, IL. Meet rates a registration fee info can be found at http://www.nationalg8meet.com. Pre-registration is NOT required but is welcome as there is still a lot of stuff to pay for!

Drag Racing: We have reserved Cordova for all of Friday afternoon into the early evening, so a good opportunity to make a lot of passes.

Car show: We reserve the entire top floor of the Isle of Capri's parking ramp for the show. If that isn't big enough, there is a massive ground floor lot next to the hotel that we used last year for some great photo opportunities, including some aerial shots.

It needs a little more support this year to take it to the point where we can move it to other cities in the future. I hope to see at least some of you at the event!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's in Illinois and Iowa. Does that help at all?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts