Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put 3 point seat belts in my 65 GTO instead of refreshing the bucket seat original lap belts. From what I have read, it looks like designs for convertibles ( with a new attachment point in the door pillar) could work. It will make access to the rear seat even more awkward, but the improved safety for the occupants in the front make it worthwhile. This would be easier for 66 and later vehicles, where GM manufactured a 3rd seat belt connection point above the shoulder.

If any forum members have already done this, I would welcome your input.

NoAngelBuddy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too.

I've read that Chrysler Sebring convertible seats with the built in belts work well. Might be worth a look, I plan to myself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check them out.

I was hoping to leave my pristine headliner alone. However, while installing new carpeting yesterday I noticed that the stitching in my headliner is starting to separate at a stitched seam. That discovery changes everything. I just started viewing videos and searching the forum for new headliner installation info. This presents the opportunity to put the hardware in the roof that GM installed in 1966 for 3 point seat belts.

I recently spent a ridiculous amount of time to recover my seats with new upholstery. I expect the headliner install to be equally frustrating, but this is a DIY project.

NoAngelBuddy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts