Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that someone decided it was a GREAT idea (NOT) to make it a requirement to have 30 post to view or post in the for sale section. Really? 30 post to view!

Ok, I have been a member since July 2007. I now have 32(?) post and still can not view the for sale section. I can't even view the thread that I started in the for sale section.

Can someone please fix this, or just delete my account. It's hardly worth the hoops and barrels. There are plenty of other GTO forums, why run off or make it difficult for the users that you do have.

end of rant

Thanks, Tom

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Tom, we're working out the bugs, please be patient. This is something new we're implementing to ward off the "bad people" and at the same time protect our loyal members. I'll forward your issues to the Admins....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry. What "Bad People"? Corvette Forum has 258,737 members and has no such rule. They don't even show the Users number of posts. They realize that all you have to do is response with "Nice Car", "Free Bump" or some other meaningless piece of information 30 times. The Good and Bad(?) people know that. And you can't banned anyone because most people have more than one e-mail address or can get another one for free. I join forums for information and to support paying vendor's on the forum. Not communicate with other members. This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The other goat forum I'm a member of that I never visit anymore because it's got a rude no-holds-barred drunken bar boxing mentality where anything goes has a rule where you have to make 100 posts before you can sell something. So, I started making 1 and 2 word b.s. posts here and there, "I agree" etc. etc. to get to the 100, but by then, my heads had already sold over here on this forum. 30 is not a high number.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Tom, it's probably been that way for 3.5 years and you're just noticing it now? All I can say is the Admins are aware of this issue. Yours isn't the first......

·
Registered
163 Posts
:agree
Seems like there are other screen names that are cross-linked somehow! Not mine .... but click on BLUEDIAMOND6.0 last activity on 01/09/2011 thread http://www.gtoforum.com/f2/what-do-2006-gto-mods-30745/ .... and you will get to Screen Name/Profile of 02x50 with last activity on 08-24-2004.

Pontiac GTO Forum - View Profile: 02x50 What is the deal with this?

I also am a fan of this forum but am posting only on threads of intrest and not to reach a quota of 30 posts. I have also read some other forums, mainly New Age GTO, LS1 Tech and LS1GTO Forums and they don't seem to have as many dedicated GTO members but have much much more BS and bickering than this forum. I want to congratulate the moderators of the GTOForum.com site for keeping it the best tech and classified site on the web. I also agree that putting a restriction on the classifieds portion of the site is not helpful to attracting new GTO owners that will keep this site strong.:cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
The other goat forum I'm a member of that I never visit anymore because it's got a rude no-holds-barred drunken bar boxing mentality where anything goes has a rule where you have to make 100 posts before you can sell something. So, I started making 1 and 2 word b.s. posts here and there, "I agree" etc. etc. to get to the 100, but by then, my heads had already sold over here on this forum. 30 is not a high number.
I agree.:lol: This is post 10, only twenty to go.:cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
You can read my response at this link: http://www.gtoforum.com/f14/classified-access-31166/#post257021

This rule has been LONG overdue. This only effects newb's. Anyone that wants to complain about it, put yourself in the place of the 2 members that were scammed out of their money.
We are requesting to the administrator to impose a 30 day rule of being a member here. It wouldn't matter if the post count was 10 15 or 30 people are going to complain, thats the way it is.

I cannot count how many PM's I got from members questioning with concern the sellers on here from 0 to a handful of posts, and why don't we have a minimum. NOW we DO.

If you are new here and are peeved about not being able to unload a part or a car go to the other forum and post up. Not only will it not be allowed but people get trashed by others on what they are selling. We DO NOT allow that behavior here.

This forum IS NOT a dumping ground and it has been becoming one, we are putting a stop to it. This is NOT the vette forum, or the Honda forum what they do there has no bearing here. This rule is here to stay, and as 68 said the administrators are working on the glitches and will be making adjustments as we feel necessary. For the record, I wanted a 50 minimum post, 30 was opted for.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like the cross linking of my screen name fixed. Can that be done?

If not, just tell me how to delete my account, no hard feelings. I'm not pissed or angry. just not in favor of supporting a forum that can't sort screen names.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I would like the cross linking of my screen name fixed. Can that be done?

If not, just tell me how to delete my account, no hard feelings. I'm not pissed or angry. just not in favor of supporting a forum that can't sort screen names.
Each member here is only permitted ONE user ID. There is NO cross-linking permitted and any member found to have one more than one user ID gets permanently banned. We DO NOT sort screen names. User ID's are created by the user. If you erred on a screen name and want to amend it, that can be corrected.

If you want to change your screen name that is a different matter. PM your request to 05GTO he is the only one that can do this.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Each member here is only permitted ONE user ID. There is NO cross-linking permitted and any member found to have one more than one user ID gets permanently banned. We DO NOT sort screen names. User ID's are created by the user. If you erred on a screen name and want to amend it, that can be corrected.

If you want to change your screen name that is a different matter. PM your request to 05GTO he is the only one that can do this.
Let me explain this a bit more. Click on my screen name and it will redirect you to here.... Pontiac GTO Forum - View Profile: ShAnE's2005GtO

who the hell is? ShAnE's2005GtO

And why should I be satisfied with.... http://www.gtoforum.com/257002-post2.html

Again, if this can't be corrected, PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Tom, it's probably been that way for 3.5 years and you're just noticing it now? All I can say is the Admins are aware of this issue. Yours isn't the first......
Tom, you did read this, correct? The Site Admins are aware of the issue. The Mods cannot fix the problem. It is out of our hands.

Let me explain this a bit more. Click on my screen name and it will redirect you to here.... Pontiac GTO Forum - View Profile: ShAnE's2005GtO

who the hell is? ShAnE's2005GtO

And why should I be satisfied with.... http://www.gtoforum.com/257002-post2.html

Again, if this can't be corrected, PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT
We get it. There is nothing more that needs to be explained. We are well aware of the issue. Like Judge said, contact 05GTO(Admin). Maybe you'll get an answer that will better satisfy your concern........

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tom, you did read this, correct? The Site Admins are aware of the issue. The Mods cannot fix the problem. It is out of our hands.

We get it. There is nothing more that needs to be explained. We are well aware of the issue. Like Judge said, contact 05GTO(Admin). Maybe you'll get an answer that will better satisfy your concern........
I'm not asking for a better explanation. I'm asking for it to be fixed, or for my account to be deleted. Can you do either? If so, then stop dancing around and do it for gods sake. gee's

I see no reason to be on a forum that account user id's get tangled displaying false information about the members. Come on, I have less then 40 post in 3.5 years, it's not like your gonna miss me right. delete the account or tell me how to.

come on "oh mighty moderators" swing your axe. delete my account for me. PLEASE (I hoped the please would really help).

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I'm not asking for a better explanation. I'm asking for it to be fixed, or for my account to be deleted. Can you do either? If so, then stop dancing around and do it for gods sake. gee's
I see no reason to be on a forum that account user id's get tangled displaying false information about the members. Come on, I have less then 40 post in 3.5 years, it's not like your gonna miss me right. delete the account or tell me how to.
come on "oh mighty moderators" swing your axe. delete my account for me. PLEASE (I hoped the please would really help).
Tom, we don't care if you leave.. You seem like a ****.. We, on this forum are pretty tight and don't really want the BS as on other sights!! If you have an attitude, you can leave. If you want to talk goats with some good people you are more than welcome!! :cheers

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
He's gone............

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
He's gone............
You beat me to it. How many damn times did he have to be told that the moderators couldn't do anything about his username issue? All he had to do was be patient and get with Randy. Sheesh! No matter how lenient, patient or cool we try to be with some members they still go out of their way to be difficult. I just don’t get it at times.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
You beat me to it. How many damn times did he have to be told that the moderators couldn't do anything about his username issue? All he had to do was be patient and get with Randy. Sheesh! No matter how lenient, patient or cool we try to be with some members they still go out of their way to be difficult. I just don’t get it at times.
The guy wanted to be combatant. All he had to do was not link on to the site. The user ID he was referring to, he had to have created at some point then changed IP's or something. The similarities on both user ID's suggest he created one then another on separate accounts. The shane one resembles a spammer type set up.

6 years on this site he was the only one belly aching about being directed to a screen name he didn't create when logging on ..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.