Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running 305/35/18's
or 285/35/18's

either of the one.. im really looking into them for the highway.. takeoff and top end... wouldnt the 285's be better on the highway. 305's are alot more down road on the strip eh? Basically im wanting to know which would be better on the highway for top end raceing, and 1/4 raceing on the highway, so overall which set is better for the highway, and if the 285's are a tad bit better, would it be worth to get the 305's.. if theres not much a difference?

Me and my cousin really have been looking into these. I am more than likely gonna have to run bags in the rear.. to raise it up a little for these suckers dont u think?

what would u recommend exactly to raise the rear so i can run these? i know there gonna be pretty rough on the highway but should dog down at the strip..

Appreciate it,
Justin

·
Registered
456 Posts
DeMoN said:
What size tires would also fit these two perfect for the front tires?
what size tires would you prefer in the front with either of these two?
What type of Car do you have? (GTO?)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think these sizes will fit (and definitely not on the front)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2005 GTO, hmm i dont see why these will fit.. ive seen 3 or 4 now at the strip running tires bigger than these from what i could tell acrouse i never talked to the runners but.. i dont see why these wouldnt fit with air bags or raiseing it with springs.. etc..?

i dont plan on running these in the front.. these are all rear.. but i was asking what would work out in the front if i run either of the two.. i know there's gotta be ways... for these in the rear.. i meen the bags..springs.. etc.. stuff like that raises the car.. or lowers.. i meen theres ways... correct? anybody real familiar.. with this.. please feel free... but thanks for the comment anyways.. get back with me if you do find out for sure though.. thanks

post away about this

sincerely,
justin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and the 06 models dont differ in this at all correct? because if they did, I would be doing a trade in quick.. but.. if you do find out.. what is the biggest i can run in the rear.... im sure theres ways we could get em back there, i know the bags if there made for the gto's.. can rase a rear-end up too 3-4 inches... so i guess well figure it out.. if some other people post.... thanks robert, again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
285's are about it. Unless you don't plan on having any suspension. 285 toyos will fit with exact offset rims. Of course these run small. Without a mini tub, NO WAY! We would all love wider wheels, just not possible without major body work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i get you on that, what exactly you talking about on major body work.. some fender trimming mainly? possibly could you get into detail, would be plenty helpfull... parts,etc...?

appreciate it!
sincerely,
Justin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did notice sfxperformance makes coil spring spacers, for acourse if your running springs.. where u can space it out some.. idk how much.. for more clearance for the tires.. that would be a beginning start on raiseing up the rear-end some.. its basically like a spacer-block on a truck thats running a block lift.. known as a body lift..

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just recently purchased 275 19" for the back, and I am going to have to roll the fenders in order for them to fit and not rub. I also lowered my car an inch or so with after market springs. But the front, I have not heard of anyone being able to get past a 245 without rubbing all over the place. This question has been posted several times, all with the same answers. Do a search in here on tires and see what comes up, there may be some info you can use...

GL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice find firefighter, appreciate that, gives me a good feel of what i guess i wanted it to look like, haha.. yeah that's pretty damn expensive just to run those tires in the rear.. if i had the money i would do it, for sure. I was gonna ask, do you think any kind of fender trimming would get around any of this.. i meen is there any other possible way?

appreciate it
Sincerely,
Justin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Than again the fender trimming on a car isn't like a truck.. much more work from what i've seen and heard, but i know theres gotta be some cheaper way, dont you think? i really appreciate the find again firefighte. Can anybody think of anything, or know of, on how to get around all of this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I might be left with no choice..

who makes tires in between 275's and 285's range with tire width of 12"s or more.. im really looking for 12-13 Inches in width. Can anybody name some companys? i know nitto has
285/40/18 that run 11.42 inches wide.. and im really looking at those.. but if anybody knows of wider, and i know there's wider, id really appreciate that, and i appreciate all the posts and stuff, thanks i really like it here, kinda offsubject there but anyways, what are some companys with the widest tires i can run on 275 and 285

appreciate it again,
sincerely,
Justin

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm running 275/35/18 BFG DR's in the back. Which I believe are 10.9" wide. Had to grind the fenders down as much as we could and they would still rub alittle on very hard launches. So I ended up putting in some BMR drag bags and run 6PSI on the street and no problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
firefighter, would you recommend this rolling the fender kit, i found this in another post a guy posted.
http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/...emType=PRODUCT&RS=1&itemID=6159&keyword=31158

Look's pretty good, but would you recommend this, look's like it'll work it out.. if not know of any other good kit's? or recommendations? and flareing it out, you did meen rolling basically correct?

Thanks again, fighter
Justin

·
Registered
498 Posts
Justin, those work great, I used one to fit my 275's in back on 9.5" rims. Flaring the fenders means adding to the body not just pushing it out. The guys at Wheel2Wheel are pro's and artists, everything they do is top notch. The GTO above belongs to the owner of W2W, his crew did it the right way which is always more expensive. Unless you're willing to go the whole nine yards there's no other way I can see to get that much meat in back mate. Will

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.