Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just had to take my mom to the airport so i kinda took advantage and took her car she drives a 2007 bmw 335xi. so anyway im just drivng back home on 95 north and this mustang comes flying up cutting across 3 lanes just to get next to me. now traffic was pretty bad so i had to wait about 15 mins for it to clear up now i knew my car was faster but figured id have some fun since i never get to drive the car. we finally get free and he beeps three times and were off from a 45 roll and well it wasnt even fair i didnt know the 335 was that fast it was like a rocket ship wasnt much of a race but it sure was fun

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i just looked it up they say it can run from high 12's to low 13's i didntknow it was that fast

Must have been a stock or near stock stang. Nice kill though, those Bimmers are quick!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would think a stock 335xi vs. a GT 5M would be a driver's race, especially from a roll?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I would think a 5MT GT vs a 335xi from a roll would be the Stang's race to lose. Driver mod ftl....
1/4 mile wise the 335i and the Stang are about as identical as you can get. When I saw Dueuuce's response I started searching. He's right on the money.

·
Registered
377 Posts
1/4 mile wise the 335i and the Stang are about as identical as you can get. When I saw Dueuuce's response I started searching. He's right on the money.
Thanks Bro!

·
Registered
289 Posts
The BMW in question is the awd version though, and that's gonna sap some punch from a roll. Easily enough to put the race in the Stang's favor...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Check trap speeds on the 335ix. The 6A in the BMW does pretty well too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts