Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting clost to finally pulling the trigger on this and the dealer quoted me $35,416 out the door for a 2005 six-speed with the 18" rims. Does this sound about right, he said he was giving it to me at $100 over invoice (whatever that is). Keep in mind I'm in CA and the price includes almost $3000 in tax and g'ment fees.

Thanks for your input....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure what the difference is between MD and CA, but I'm getting mine at $31k out fo the door over here in MD.

The GTO i'm getting is a Black 6m, with AC grills thrown in for free.

The invoice for the car was $30,4xx (can't remember the exact number).

·
Registered
937 Posts
Gooooat said:
I'm getting clost to finally pulling the trigger on this and the dealer quoted me $35,416 out the door for a 2005 six-speed with the 18" rims. Does this sound about right, he said he was giving it to me at $100 over invoice (whatever that is). Keep in mind I'm in CA and the price includes almost $3000 in tax and g'ment fees.

Thanks for your input....
After the warranty upgrade, taxes, title, tags ect thats about what I paid for mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is not even close to wholesale,,,, That is almost sticker but with the 18's its not that bad. Invoice here at our dealership I have heard is right around 29,000 then 500 for wheels, plus tax, title, warranty and anything else that they can get you for. I just paid 21,000 for another 04 GTO Pulse red with under 2,000 miles, they gave me 20,500 for trade for my m6 and got my new A4 for 21,000 and it has 1500 miles on it. I say low ball them,,, it cant hurt but I know at this dealership they will not budge off of sticker. :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tax rate in MD is 5%. I'm actually going to hold out on him until mid-Sept and offer a lower price since the 06's are scheduled for Oct. The price I got was only the first round of negotiations. I think I can get him down to $29 or so in late Sept.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I've called around and the dealers are all in the same boat...no discounts at all on this. I offered one $32,918 out the door and he said "sure, but you still need to pay the tax and other fees" :rolleyes: I should be used to paying more for stuff living in CA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mrbst47 where did you get yours? I went to a dealer in fort worth that bills themselves as "The Discount King" having a "clear the Lot" sale, no less, and they wanted $2000 over MSRP, for an 05... They had added a strut brace and bushing kit to justify the $2000 premium...

When I talked to them about it they were willing to negotiate on the 2000 premium but that was it...

I mentioned that I wanted to pay $500 over invoice and the guy acted like I slapped his mother. He actually got mad...I told him that I wasn't trying to insult him but that was my offer and I left. I figure that when I look at auto trader I see at least 5 dealerships in the metroplex that have 10 or more GTOs in stock, sooner or later they are going to get tired of paying the floorplan on these decide to sell them at a profit...even if that profit is $500 plus holdback.

I am looking to at the very least get below MSRP before I will bite... If I have to get anywhere near MSRP It will be on an 06...

Anyone in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex know of a dealer who deals on volume?

·
Registered
15 Posts
MostlyStock said:
mrbst47 where did you get yours? I went to a dealer in fort worth that bills themselves as "The Discount King" having a "clear the Lot" sale, no less, and they wanted $2000 over MSRP, for an 05... They had added a strut brace and bushing kit to justify the $2000 premium...

When I talked to them about it they were willing to negotiate on the 2000 premium but that was it...

I mentioned that I wanted to pay $500 over invoice and the guy acted like I slapped his mother. He actually got mad...I told him that I wasn't trying to insult him but that was my offer and I left. I figure that when I look at auto trader I see at least 5 dealerships in the metroplex that have 10 or more GTOs in stock, sooner or later they are going to get tired of paying the floorplan on these decide to sell them at a profit...even if that profit is $500 plus holdback.

I am looking to at the very least get below MSRP before I will bite... If I have to get anywhere near MSRP It will be on an 06...

Mostlystock,

I bought mine in Austin on I-35 (about 15 miles north of Austin actually). I got the GMS price and then haggled them a bit lower. But I first tried to haggle in Houston and I ran into the same problem as you, (before GMS pricing) and they threw me out for even suggesting that I should pay less than sticker. So it all depends on the dealer. I have heard good things from Mcdavid pontiac in Dallas, and Sewell in Dallas. If you want to come down to Austin and go to Maxwell, they should take care of you. They have been great to me. (If you do end up buiying there, let me know so I can get a free oil change as a referal).

thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
33 Posts
MostlyStock said:
You might try Sewell in Dallas. I got mine there for invoice a few weeks ago. The only thing that sucked is the sales manager was driving it and it had 800 miles on it already, but they threw in tint and the auto-x grills.

·
Registered
119 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
That sounds right, these guys who walked out with deal @ $31K must not have any state sales tax.
Today, I just paid $31,006, out the door, and that INCLUDED free tinting and a $499 dealer fee! :eek:

Tax rate here in Polk County (Bartow, FL) is 6.5%, BTW. I put $1135 down and financed $29,758 for 63 months @ 4.89% $539 payment! I feel great with this deal!

Black w/ Red interior 6 speed BTW.

·
Registered
170 Posts
vnamvet said:
Today, I just paid $31,006, out the door, and that INCLUDED free tinting and a $499 dealer fee! :eek:

Tax rate here in Polk County (Bartow, FL) is 6.5%, BTW. I put $1135 down and financed $29,758 for 63 months @ 4.89% $539 payment! I feel great with this deal!

Black w/ Red interior 6 speed BTW.

That's more of what I would expect to pay also, at least this time of year in the Midwest. Florida though, that's got to be a heck of a deal! :cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.