Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a cruising speed of 65 we both gunned it. I was at a good 110 and he was about two car lengths behind me a fading. Now im new to the GTO and loving it and Im not sure if this is typical of what this car will do, or did I just get lucky and get a 350Z driver that knew less than me...lol.

·
Registered
215 Posts
good kill bro, but naw ur goat will walk a 350 all day, 370s are more of a challenge but we still got the edge top-end. above 120, in my experience at least, we are well catered for with grunt hahah cant say the same for cars ive ran but thats just me

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is basically stock I have K&N Intake and an aftermarket X pipe exhaust which sounds killer!! Im looking to get it tuned. I have been told it makes a BIG difference. Im runnin the M6 by the way.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I ran across a 370z about 5 months ago I just wanted to see what it looked like as I got closer he started to speed up I noticed we were going 90 and seen his rear end squat so I did what i had to do it was pretty close until we hit about 120 buy 145 he was giving me the finger :rofl:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am very happy to hear this, my buddy has an '03 350Z, and i picked up my '05 GTO less then a week ago. We want to race them, however i am waiting to be more comfortable driving it (first manual trans. I've owned)

·
Registered
351 Posts
go race him he will lose just do rolling start in 2nd dont miss third and you got it. about 50 mph is a good speed in 2nd gear to take off in

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I ran across a 370z about 5 months ago I just wanted to see what it looked like as I got closer he started to speed up I noticed we were going 90 and seen his rear end squat so I did what i had to do it was pretty close until we hit about 120 buy 145 he was giving me the finger :rofl:
Going 145 and being able to take one hand off the steering wheel/shifter to erect and finger and direct it in the appropriate direction.

That man is either brave or dumb.................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts