Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd annual Corvette and All GM Performance car and truck show. This event is sponsored by the North Jersey Corvette Club. 3rd year for these guys, first year I'm lending a hand. Show will be open to ALL Corvettes, Gm performance cars and trucks, late model through classics.

Singer-Kearfott Building
1150 McBride Avenue
Woodland Park, NJ
9am - 3pm

Vendors:
Tune Time Performance
Prodigy Coatings
GlimmerGlass Detailing
American Racing Headers
Food&Beverage, Piggy's Catering
Schumacher Chevy
Gearhart Chevy

Admission/Entry is $10.00 With 50 trophies to be awarded and Dash Plaques to the first 100 entries

Also, standard car show fare such as DJ, raffle items and 50/50. Pertinent info will be added as it becomes available, couple of more vendors will be coming on board.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey all...there are a couple of convoys forming from NYC/LI/Queens/SI and from S. Jersey areas. Anyone interested in hooking up with folks coming from these areas, let me know and I'll put you in touch or post info for meeting spots here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an amendment to the original post, GlimmerGlass Detailing has been replaced by Anthony's Auto Detailing. Anthony is a good guy that does great work, specializes in on site detailing and for those close to him in Gloucester County, you can go to him.

Side note, the show site was unaffected by the storm activity..whew!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Givin this one the 2 weeks to go bump...hope to see some of you out here. Omitted to mention in the OP, trophies are people's choice, so feel free to schmooze :lol: if you're into 'em.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like I may have posted this without permission?? If so, not my intention to clutter the board. As for "promoting" the show, really rather trying to get participation from all GM brands. As the North Jersey Corvette Club, there is no gain, any proceeds go to "Camp Hope" in NJ via Schumacher Chevrolet, the main sponsor. Just simply a group of car guys to another group of car guys to admire and experience camraderie as does any car gathering. If I have broken rules and the post must be removed, I certainly understand..as stated, the intention is the same as any other show...getting car guys together. That being said, any one from the surrounding areas of NJ, you remain more than welcome to join us and all other GM performance brands notwithstanding the removal of the post. Apologies once again to Mod for posting without permission.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
You broke no rules. I was inquiring because many lately in particular join this forum to spam. Quite a few don't own a Pontiac let alone a GTO. We put a stop to sale spamming by requiring a minimum no padded post count. Some found it necessary to extort money from members of this forum by placing either a fraudulent item for sale or not shipping an item once they received payment.

The purpose of this forum is to share information and camaraderie with other GTO enthusiasts and selling an item and promoting a show or event is a benefit of being a member here. We also get from time to time guys with Mustangs (mostly Mustangs because for some reason that car seems to be the #1 opponent of the GTO,) or other non Pontiac cars joining up here just to pick fights or instigate then go back to their forum and brag over their accomplishment. It's only once in a while someone such as yourself joins to promote an event like yours, which is fine but moderators monitor this for abuse. I was merely asking.

Good Luck with your show, if I were closer I'd be there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Understood Judge, glad I didn't over-step. To be honest, I personally would love to see more of you guys not only at our show but others I attend. No disrespect, it gets tiring seeing Camaros all the time. I always seek out and take my first pics at a show of Firebirds (which are very rare to see) and Goats. I'm the last guy to come out to a forum and stir the pot, I'm waaaaay too old for that crap. I do understand about the Mustang guys though, I take no greater pleasure in regularly waxing them and the Honda fart can muffler kids. Nothing more priceless than a big fat SUV (currently own a Trailblazer SS) showing you it's backside. Thanks again for understanding and hope to see some NJ/NY/PA/CT guys at the show!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hell i might roll up from MD, you're not too far :) i guess that explains why I haven't posted on here for a month or so and all my post were deleted. :(

So yeah, if anyone else from md is heading up there let me know.. considering I just bought my goat and its all stock except axle backs my question would be, is the $10 to come in, or $10 to admit my car? :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
There should be a pretty big group coming south to north from other forums...I'll let you know, might catch up with them on the Parkway.

**Edit...Got a Trailblazer SS coming from Cecil County, checkin with him to see if he wants to hook up**

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, copy and paste for convoy info for folks coming in from NY boros and I guess CT.......

Ok Long Island, Brooklyn and Queens Peeps. I plan on meeting up at the big parking lot right off of the Cross Island Parkway and the Bell Blvd exit from 7:30am and head out at 8:00am. The location is know as Fort Totten. On any GPS enter

Totten Ave
Bayside, NY 11360

If that doesn't work for you then the nearest cross streets are 212th St and Bell Blvd.

If your going north on the Cross Island Pkwy you want to exit at Bell Blvd. When you come to the first light make a right and then a second later make a left into the large parking lot.

If youre coming from the Van Wyck Expressway, Grand Central Pkwy, into the Whitestone Expressway, stay to the left and it turns into the Cross Island Pkwy. Then exit at the Clearview Expressway/Bell Blvd exit. When coming off of the exit ramp turn left, then go under the Clearview and continue to 212th St, make a left at the light, go straight under the Cross Island and then a second later turn left into the large parking lot.

At 8:00 am we roll out, jump on the Cross Island Pkwy, cross the bridge into the Bronx onto I-95 North, over the GWB to I-80 West to exit 56, a few twist and turns later we'll be there by 9:00am.

Everyone make sure they have their E-Z Passes on there windshields and a printed out set of directions (just in case you don't have GPS) so that if you get lost from the pack you'll still make it to the show.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weather is not looking the best for tomorrow all....I will post between 7-7:30am tomorrow as to whether the Oct 2 rain date will be used.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts