Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive owned 2 06 gtos with the m6 the one i had and the one i have now both have issues with 3rd gear when im thrashing through the gears hard it doesnt want to hit 3rd, no grinding or anything just feels like its blocked off or the clutch isnt down. Its only driving it hard i notice it no problems driving normal.

·
Registered
336 Posts
what brand of short throw do you have. also you mentioned that it feels like the clutch is not down.. could it possibly be operator error? because i know i've done it before when im tryin to shift really quickly i have let out the cluch just a little to soon

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what brand of short throw do you have. also you mentioned that it feels like the clutch is not down.. could it possibly be operator error? because i know i've done it before when im tryin to shift really quickly i have let out the cluch just a little to soon
Not thinkin so ive drivin manual cars all my life, thinkin its a master or slave problem. Noticed the clutch gets kinda spungy after goin through the gears hard.

·
Registered
336 Posts
well i have read on the forums that the factory clutch lines have some kind of restrictior on that makes it spongy when driven hard so maybe try stainless steel lines?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have read on the forums that the factory clutch lines have some kind of restrictior on that makes it spongy when driven hard so maybe try stainless steel lines?
Ya a friend of mine said his z28 did the same thing and he drilled it out. Would that be possible on the gtos?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts