Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, hello everyone! First post here, but been wrenching for a LONG time. Anyway, here's the situation: 1970 GTO convertible, 400, PS, PB and AC. No smog stuff. PO of car stripped the entire front of the engine. pumps, brackets, water pump and housing, everything. I can figure out the crank and water pump pulleys, and I'm pretty sure everything is here, but I have no idea which bracket/spacer/bolt goes where for the rest of the stuff. If someone has a scan from a manual, or something else that can help, I'd VERY much appreciate it!
Thanks in advance!! :cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind

Got it figured out. When I first looked at that box of parts, it was pretty intimidating. Once I started, though, it went pretty quick.
Thanks anyway.....I guess

·
Registered
727 Posts
Glad you got.it figured out so quickly.
I'd suggest you get the Factory Service Manual for your specific year; it has all kinds of great detail you won't find anywhere else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throttle return spring bracket

OK, I got everything figured out except the bracket that the throttle return spring attaches to. It looks like it should go under the drivers side rear carb bolt. but it won't fit, because it interferes with the throttle cable mount bracket. Can anyone post a pic?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Unless mine is different, the throttle return spring hooks to the bottom of the throttle cable bracket. I apologize for the lousy pictures. I have a very old camera and it is pretty dark in the garage today.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts