Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is to achieve (or hopefully exceed) 400RWHP. I am hoping to do this with the following and would appreciate your input and suggestions or alternatives. Seriously, feel free to contribute, the combined knowledge of this forum is staggering. So without further ado: Either SLP or SW LT headers with high flow cats (unless you think racepipes are better). Corsa Sport cat-back exhaust. LPE CAI. (the majority seem to think this is the best). And a mild but more agressive cam (suggestions PLEASE on this. I want as much power from this mod as I can without affecting smooth idle too much). I was planning on having most of these installed and then having it dynotuned by Speedinc when I drive through there on my way to IA in Oct. (I am kind of going out of my way to get there. When I get back from Iraq in Oct I will be driving from AL to IA to see my parents and making a smallish detour through IL to get there). ALL suggestions for alternatives are welcome. I love this forum. Thanks guys. (oh I will be installing a GMM shifter as well.)

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I am currently 438 to the wheels,

* SLP CAI,
* 25% Underdrive pulley
* SLP LT with High flow cats
* 600 lift cam (rough idle)
* LS6 heads
* X-pipe with factory pipes through flowmaster 40 series.

·
Registered
746 Posts
sig229 said:
My goal is to achieve (or hopefully exceed) 400RWHP. I am hoping to do this with the following and would appreciate your input and suggestions or alternatives. Seriously, feel free to contribute, the combined knowledge of this forum is staggering. So without further ado: Either SLP or SW LT headers with high flow cats (unless you think racepipes are better). Corsa Sport cat-back exhaust. LPE CAI. (the majority seem to think this is the best). And a mild but more agressive cam (suggestions PLEASE on this. I want as much power from this mod as I can without affecting smooth idle too much). I was planning on having most of these installed and then having it dynotuned by Speedinc when I drive through there on my way to IA in Oct. (I am kind of going out of my way to get there. When I get back from Iraq in Oct I will be driving from AL to IA to see my parents and making a smallish detour through IL to get there). ALL suggestions for alternatives are welcome. I love this forum. Thanks guys. (oh I will be installing a GMM shifter as well.)
Can't wait for you to come home, Chris so you can do all that you say. I'll give you a call tonight. Watch your 6.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an '04 LS1. Installed CAI, headers, catback, MTI Stealth 2 cam and MTI 2E heads. Just tuned & dyno'd at 408 RWHP, 377 torque. The cam didn't affect idle as advertised. The heads and cam added 60 HP with dyno tune. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.