Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anyone have a set of Flat top 428 pistons .020",.030" or .040" over, sitting on their shelf that they're willing to sell?
Also would consider dish pistons, .020", .030", or .040" over.
If so, please respond. Would also like to know the compression distance of the ones you have. Looking for( 1.595 CD)
Looking for a set of 6.625 rods, OEM, aftermarket or reconditioned.
Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
would be interested the reconditioned rods.
What are you asking and would you ship them to RI.
PM me if you want.
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they have been reconditioned the correct way, I'm sure they would be fine. I know I can buy a set of 5140's for about 300. I'm building this 428 as a replacement for the numbers correct motor that's in the car. I would like to put the good money into the stock numbers correct motor. My big problem is finding a reasonable (cost wise) set of pistons for the 428 to use with the #96 heads I have to work with. I just missed out on a pair of #64 's which would have been my preference. I might have to go with a set of KB pistons.
So, in answer to your question, just trying to keep the cost down on the 428.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
If they have been reconditioned the correct way, I'm sure they would be fine. I know I can buy a set of 5140's for about 300. I'm building this 428 as a replacement for the numbers correct motor that's in the car. I would like to put the good money into the stock numbers correct motor. My big problem is finding a reasonable (cost wise) set of pistons for the 428 to use with the #96 heads I have to work with. I just missed out on a pair of #64 's which would have been my preference. I might have to go with a set of KB pistons.
So, in answer to your question, just trying to keep the cost down on the 428.
OK, understand inexpensive rebuilds. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts