Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Here's some with a very shallow 10cc dish.

I'd probably go with Auto-Tec pistons, & have the pin height increased to achieve zero deck height, without extra deck machining. I've read that they'll locate the pin where you want it, for no extra charge. Also, the Auto-tec pistons are made with a material which expands less. The Icon pistons use the same material which racing pistons are made with. They require more piston to cyl wall clearance.

"...Pistons are manufactured on 4032 low expansion, high silicon material excellent for street or strip applications..."

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigD, Thanks for the information, I will follow up.
In addition to the previous information given, I have a set of 96 heads I would like to use to guarantee I will be able to run pumped gas. I'm afraid that the 10cc pistons would put my compression too low. I like your idea about bringing the piston pin to run zero clearance but also keeping in mind valve clearance with no valve reliefs.

·
Registered
649 Posts
"...keeping in mind valve clearance with no valve reliefs."

So, you want pistons with absolutely no valve reliefs ?

The Auto Tec pistons have 3.8cc reliefs. I don't think Pontiac ever built a 400 or larger engine without valve reliefs in the pistons. I could be wrong.

The DSS 6110X 428 pistons have deeper reliefs, at 5cc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts