Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I can think of a lot of other things to do with 450K than that. For starters, it's 35 year old technology.

Will no doubt show up at Barrett-Jackson where some fool will pay to enter the tent, be fed a bunch of complimentary cheapo drinks (gin and tonic made with no name gin poured out of a gallon plastic jug with grocery store brand tonic -- elegantly served in a plastic cup), then start throwing money around to impress that brown haired woman who nuzzles up against you as long you're bidding. Of course, once you've got the car -- she takes off -- and the bill, complete with 15% commission charge -- is yours!

Don't get me wrong -- it's an awesome car. But you're probably better off commissioning a new from the ground up clone that will be just as good -- and a heck of a lot less. Won't have the pedigree, of course, but do you really need it? Then again, you could go and get a new Z06 and blow the thing into another zip code.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Very rare car, but, to me it's not worth 450K.

Production of the convertible judge was just over 100, production of ram air 3 convertible with manual was 249 and production of ram air 4 with manual was 45.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Uhhhhhhh $450,000.00 for a car? Yeah right. How about a brand new 5 bedroom, 3 bath, 3 car garage, swimming pool with spillover spa on a 1/2 acre lot home instead? Oh yeah, with a GTO parked in front.

·
Registered
252 Posts
:eek:

No wonder it's so hard to find a nice muscle car to buy. Stuff like this puts the average person that much farther out of reach. Kruze and Barrett Jackson just add to that...... Cars are meant to be driven and shown off, but if you have to shell out that kind of money, they end up hidden in some over paid executives garage (No offense to any over paid executives on this forum. ;) ) so no one can see it and enjoy it. That's insane to me, I like to drive our old cars and show them off...

·
Registered
116 Posts
The car is definatly NOT worth the money. The paint & drivetrain are exquisit. Whoever did the front seats and convertible top had no idea what they were doing. Look at the wrinkles around the rear quarter windows as well as around the backglass. The front seats were not tied down properly with the right meatal inserts. Like most people who restore a classic car they do great on everything but the soft trim. Just my 02. :cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
volo auto museum in mchenry county illinois has one just like it...... might not be the same year but it is a black judge convi and for only like $45000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts