Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 4th Annual Ames GTO Meet is going to be June 1-3 2007. The website has been updated with the latest info and sponsors. I have also sent out emails to anyone who has registered in the past or who has asked to be notified of show dates.

Just like in past years we have a lot of things planned. Friday night is a dinner, drive, and wrap the night up at Old Chicago bar. Saturday is breakfast, car show, sponsor prizes and trophies, group drive to the park, dinner, and back at Old Chicago. We have been kicking around the idea of going to Cedar Falls to the track on Friday night; please post if you are interested.

The food and t-shirts given out during the show are free; but you must register so we can insure we have enough. Please visit the website and register.

We have a block of rooms at the same hotel as last year; the Grand Stay. The group rate is $109.90 because they claim the rooms didn't get used last year. The price on their site appears to be $89.90. No matter what please mention you are with AmesGTO when you check in and pretty much any chance you get so we hopefully get better rates next year.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for something new this year let me know.

www.amesgto.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is sweet. Tom Hurdell from George White told me about this when I just bought my Blue on Blue 04 from them. I have been looking for other GTO owners in the area to talk shop and discuss mods. I will be checking my travel schedule for work and registering. If by any chance you know anything about the history of Blue on Blue GTO they had drop me a line...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is sweet. Tom Hurdell from George White told me about this when I just bought my Blue on Blue 04 from them. I have been looking for other GTO owners in the area to talk shop and discuss mods. I will be checking my travel schedule for work and registering. If by any chance you know anything about the history of Blue on Blue GTO they had drop me a line...
The George White guys are pretty cool guys to work with. I only know of a couple of blue/blue 04's in central Iowa. I didn't know that any of them traded, but if I saw the car there is a good chance I could tell.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i had my GTO in Ames this past weekend for my little sisters graduation from ISU. I did see a torrid red 05/06 (only saw it from the front) near Elwood on saturday nite...other than that didnt see any on my 800 mile round trip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts