Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I remember reading in the manual somewhere that my GTO can go up to 5000 miles between oil changes.. but I can't find it in there anywhere and its driving me crazy.

I change it when the computer tells me to anyway, but if someone could point out where the manual says up to 5000 I would be so happy =)

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Ok, I know I remember reading in the manual somewhere that my GTO can go up to 5000 miles between oil changes.. but I can't find it in there anywhere and its driving me crazy.

I change it when the computer tells me to anyway, but if someone could point out where the manual says up to 5000 I would be so happy =)
The manual states to follow the service engine oil indicator light when it comes on. Doesn't say 5,000 miles. The change oil light indicator will come on after the engine measures its total RPM revolutions at a set interval. Typically 7-7500 miles or how you drive it.

If you drive in a dusty, dirty environment then it would be wise to change oil more frequently

5,000 miles is a good change point.... rotating tires at the same time. It will keep you on a schedule.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts