Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much has been stated here or elsewhere about the 50th anniversary of our beloved Icon. I wonder if Pontiac was still alive if it would have been commemorated with a special retro edition. Arguably the GTO started the Musclecar craze and did a lot to shape all american manufacturers future designs and the way cars were promoted and sold. Just thought i would raise a toast...Heres to all the PontiAddicts who help keep our brand alive...:cheers

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
And how about a toast to the men and women that actually built these cars. If you are one of them... thanks. Matt

·
Registered
76 Posts
Worst idea GM had was "blending' Pontiac, then eliminating it. :(
Great T- Shirt idea, but, I would check the spelling to make sure! I believe it is Gran Turismo Omologato.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
We're (SVGTO) putting on a huge Birthday party for the GTO at the GM Nationals in Carlisle in June. Bill Collins will be there along with Milt Schornack. Both will be conducting 2 one hour long round table discussions and all will be able to interact with them. Milt is bringing his '69 Ram Air V Bobcat and a '64 Bobcat that sports rare factory options.

The Bandit Run is coming and the original Monkeemobile will be there. Every year GTO will be represented in one display building. We're waiting on returned signed contracts from others before confirming. Russ Gee is one he wants to come. If he does then both he and Bill will be there. For those who have no clue who these gentlemen are, they are the 2 that worked with DeLorean clandestinely in the development of the GTO they are the GTO Founding Fathers. I've been working on this show since Nov 2012. There will be an article on this in The Legend in the April issue.

Also working the GTOAA Eastern Regional celebrating the birthday and we'll be celebrating the birthday at our own show in August..... The GTOAA Nationals in Pittsburgh (Monroeville) will be highlighting the Birthday too, thats in July. will be Busy year for me :) Hopefully I will be able to meet some from this forum at the events I travel to and work in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts