Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is what happens when 510 RWHP + Good Track Prep meets the stock CV Axle. It costs you money $$$ :mad: :mad: Second run of the night launched at 4500 and at 6000 RPM 1st gear POOWWWW !!!!!! :eek:

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it’s easy to justify the cost of the heavy duty ones now. Do you have the stock driveshaft?
Yep still ave the stock driveshaft. I figure I will use the stock parts until they break and then upgrade.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yep still ave the stock driveshaft. I figure I will use the stock parts until they break and then upgrade.
I think that's the best way to go.

So, you’ve single handedly proven the stock shaft is not the weak link in the driveline - LOL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
05 goat can i have some specs on your car ? 500 hoe power sounds like a nice number.

im looking to get into a goat soon and am going through all the possible setups i would want.

looking to run 11 mids

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well this is what happens when 510 RWHP + Good Track Prep meets the stock CV Axle. It costs you money $$$ :mad: :mad: Second run of the night launched at 4500 and at 6000 RPM 1st gear POOWWWW !!!!!! :eek:

Looks like to much Wheel Hop..... With a lot of Power. The DriveShaft shop just release a one piece from axle to stub units. I will be getting them in the spring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have heard that the new ls2 gto rear ends are weak. what are they actually referring to about the rear end being weak? ie axles/driveshaft/or rearend? this is also in reference to the 6 speed manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts