Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not sure how I feel about that. I have always been a Camaro fan. But that just didnt look like what I expected, but at the same time I couldnt really look away. I don't know....It looks like a cross between the Charger and Mustang to me, sort of :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
304 Posts
hubba hubba

What I think is good about this model is that it is not 100% retro, but uses some cues of the past but with a modern twist which is a plus. I think hands down it is much more attractive than the Moustang. I've always been a fan of the Camaro and have eagerly awaited a new design. If the build quality and interior is done right, Chevy may have something hot on their hands. Whatever they name it, I think it will be a hit. However, the only resemblence to a car of the past it has is a Camaro or Corvette (tail lights) - I do know it will be the Camaro, but you know how things can change.

Well overall, I think they have a recipe for having a great car...let's just hope they don't find a way to screw it up! :willy:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like it,but if they do build it every Tom,Dick,and Sally will have one just like the Rustang.It will be produced like the Rustang with a high end version and the el-cheapo V-6 that every snot nose kid can afford.I will stick with the goat.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just saw a news clip on yahoo about GM bringing back the Camaro, I cut this piece from it to post here:

Lutz said GM could make the new Camaro profitably if it could sell between 150,000 and 160,000 of the cars each year.

Sounds like the roads will be flooded with Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
DallasSleeper said:
Just saw a news clip on yahoo about GM bringing back the Camaro, I cut this piece from it to post here:

Lutz said GM could make the new Camaro profitably if it could sell between 150,000 and 160,000 of the cars each year.

Sounds like the roads will be flooded with Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros...
And to think I thought I made it through the 70's with no flashbacks!!!!

DAMNIT!!!!!

To all the car makes of the world. Please make something original!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

BTW - Dallas is officially named Sarge!!!! HAHAHA

Hey Sarge....how many HP does your work car have?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Don't know if you guys saw the pics on Autoweek, but it looks pretty mean. They've got some good interior pics there as well.

When I first saw it, I wanted one NOW. But now I'm mixed.

It's got basically the same drivetrain as my goat so no gain there. Body styling is sweet, but the interior is pretty lame from the pics at Autoweek. While I think the rear-end is hella mean the front-end is starting to strike me as gaudy. They did a very nice job with the rear-quarter panel haunches. They look nice like a Jaguar waiting to pounce.

Sticking with my goat for the next gen so far. Sleeper factor aside, I like the fact that I can set myself apart from the kid down the street with his graduation present from mommy and daddy with a more limited run model.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts