Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple of spare cams and considering stabbing in the 6.0, but I don't want much of a lumpy idle as they did in an ls6 I used to run. Anyone have any experience on how it'll idle/run. One cam is a Futral F4 575/226/113, the other is a 224R 581/224/112. I know 112/113 usually give lopey idles but how does a 6.0 take to them? I'm going to also install an Art Carr 3000 converter I've got laying around and later some full lengths when the funds are available. Thank you for any input on the matter.

·
Registered
700 Posts
You're still going to get a pretty lopey idle with both of 'em. Computer tuning will be a necessity with those cams. They should make a fair amount of power though...which is always good. ;)
If you do put one of 'em in, I'd love to see dyno sheets on it and hear your impression.

·
Registered
584 Posts
baron_iv said:
You're still going to get a pretty lopey idle with both of 'em. Computer tuning will be a necessity with those cams. They should make a fair amount of power though...which is always good. ;)
If you do put one of 'em in, I'd love to see dyno sheets on it and hear your impression.
:agree
Baron took the Words right outta my mouth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.