Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many despise retro cars I don't.
This is in the making due to be in production in the fall.
I am very interested in this and am in contact with the makers of it.
Pricing is not set yet and they are to get back to me with HP upgrades from the Camaro platform.

Will sacrifice the '05 GTO for this if I end up buying it.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am getting updates on this, here is part of an email I got regarding performance upgrades: "We do offer some performance upgrades.
Pro Charger Supercharger:$9,250.00 adds approx. 150 H.P.
Hellion Twin Turbo System: $10,955.00"

425 HP out of the box. I don't need the extra frills, this is gonna cost enough as it is.

Also told late fall production begins and there is a lot interest although I don't know what this Steve fellows idea of a lot is.

I seen some Firebird creations off the Camaro platform but this Judge is the hottest looking.

I was also told there is an executive decision yet to be made on the final look of the hood and fenders so the pic may change. I am liking it the way it is.

68GTO,,,,,, the FB looks good the grilles look like they protrude too far out IMO.

It's a shame GM didn't bring the GTO back resembling this, they'd a hit a homerun with it instead of causing a lot of anxiety over the design.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Any price range ideas? I know there has not been a price set as of now, but any rumor of what its looking to be? Seems like it might be pretty high up there

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yea I was also just reading, it is made from a Camaro body. And this is basically being produced by Chevy. Not too sure if I would want a car modeled after the Camaro body. The Camaro in my eyes is HUGE and weights a TON.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Firehawk conversion is almost $27k including $940 credit for your stock Camaro parts.... and a brand new Camaro SS being around $40k, so $67k assuming the Goat is comparably priced.
I was thinking in the 70K range guess time will tell.

Dunno what a Camaro weighs. I am seeing an awful lot of them out there.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I e-mailed them asking for pricing...

Transamdepot.com said:
Indecision,
We hope to have the pricing soon.

We hope to keep the pricing, for the conversion, in the low to mid 30's.

The 1SS model Camero is what we recommend. The 2 SS has a number of items that you would pay for and not really use. Please stay in touch and so will we.

Feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Regards,
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yea so around 60k range. And you would have to start out with a Camaro. I'll pass on this one. It's a good idea, but not my cup of tea. Way too big and way too expensive for the look.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
It's a shame GM didn't bring the GTO back resembling this, they'd a hit a homerun with it instead of causing a lot of anxiety over the design.
I completley agree and have expressed that in the past. I love the retro look. I personally don't believe that people will only see a camaro. The front and rearend is different. Look at the older a-bodies, BOP and Chevelle '68 - '72, from the side they look the same. The main difference in the body style was the front and rear.

However, it's going to be way too rich for my blood. Glad to see it tho.......

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I like it, Camaro based or not. This is the closest to the New Age GTO concept Pontiac showed around 2000 which I really liked.

No matter, it's completely out of my price range. :(

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
If you want a new GTO, then this is as close as you are going to get. I like it! I was drooling over the New Trans Am they have at the Tallahassee auto museum, I thought it looked great. As for being big, the new Challenger is big, the Camaro isn't huge like that and is a much better platform for performance.
I just looked at the Camaro weight, it's from 3,729-3849 lbs.:cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea, this will be cool. I love the new Camaros but I can't stand how many of them there are. I almost pre-ordered one but I'm so glad I didn't now... just too common.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I been asking questions this is the latest info I have:

We do offer 2 engine upgrades. We offer an LS7 or a LSX 454 at $18,845.00 We also offer performance upgrades to the factory 6.2. 426 H.P.
Pro Charger Supercharger: $9,250.00 or
Hellion Twin Turbo System: $10,955.00

I asked about the interior:

The seats are redone to the 69 look, there is badging, sill plates and more.

I have questions in regarding Ram Air and working hood scoops with flaps.

I agree the transformation will have a little resemblance to a Camaro but there is less Camaro look to this than the other cars transformed from it.

This outfit is doing what Pontiac should have, done can't please everyone on the design but so far it looks pretty good to me, price will dictate how serious they are at selling them.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Latest Correspondence:

"We plan to have functional Ram Air with working scoops.
The projected cost is in the mid $30's.
We are planning to post more pics in the near future."

I told them to place me on the list for one.
Manual
Carousel Red or close.

Will be selling my '05 when the time comes.

Murphy lives with me..... he is always throwing a curve balls at me, I expect the expected.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts