Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an e-mail and a regular letter from the dealership telling me my car is due for the 6000 mile service, and suggested that I need to comply to keep my warranty valid. Is this just a way to get me to pay for unnecessary service, or is there any justification for it?

Also, if I do take it in, do you think I should undo my CAGS eliminator? No big deal - it doesn't take but 10 mins, probably less since I have a hydraulic floor jack now.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
jontyrees said:
I got an e-mail and a regular letter from the dealership telling me my car is due for the 6000 mile service, and suggested that I need to comply to keep my warranty valid. Is this just a way to get me to pay for unnecessary service, or is there any justification for it?

Also, if I do take it in, do you think I should undo my CAGS eliminator? No big deal - it doesn't take but 10 mins, probably less since I have a hydraulic floor jack now.
It's just a recommended service schedule, they can't void your warranty!! I wouldn't worry about the cags eliminator, they shouldn't bother you about it. :cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts