Pontiac GTO Forum banner

64 GTO Tinkering

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Rukee 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Just got my 64 Post Coupe,Tripower, 4 spd & new to the forum. She's a driver and the first things on the list: seat belts, wood wheel, splitters, or standard tail pipe extensions ,& a little lift in the rear.

Seat belts - planning on basic aftermarket lap belts so the grandkids can ride. Any ones stand out as good or to stay away from?

Wood steering wheel - my standard wheel has major plastic missing & apparently no one makes the correct 4 spoke wood wheel for a 64? Any recommendations on a next best thing wood look wheel?

Exhaust- she has 2.5" exhaust pipes extending straight out past the rear bumper so I either want to put the standard extensions that I think angle to the corners a bit, or install splitters. The splitters avalable for 2.5" pipes look to have rounded instead of angle cut tips. Has anyone used these & satisfied with the look?

Rear lift - need just a little, drag bags or air schocks? Is one an easier install or more durable?

Thanks for sharing all your GTO knowledge!

Piedog

See less See more
#12 ·
Very nice...:D

A reputable exhaust shop that does custom work would be able to form new ends and weld them on to have factory style turn downs just ahead of the bumper.

Grant has a few nice wood wheels to replace the broken plastic one. You'll need the adapter too, so plan on at least $200 by the time your done, OR attend local swap meets over the summer and see if something comes up for much less.

http://grantproducts.com/products/browse/steering-wheels/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.