Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 17 years of owning my 64 gto, i've never had to replace a turn signal bulb until now. Is it possible to remove that lense from the front thru the bumper opening, or does it have to be removed from the rear. It's been so long since we put the front bumper back on i didn't even recall the lense being turned on the outside which prevents it from coming out easily. Any guidance appreciated. I've broken to many things to not ask the wise. Live and learn!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
if you carefully remove the two hex screws above the lens that threads into the bumper, it will drop down enough so you can replace the bulb from behind the bumper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i have to take a look at that. I'm assuming when you say "carefully" that it can be hard to get back into the bumper if it gets out of line?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to remove the two screws in the lens without any issues, but getting the lens off thru the bumper seemed to be impossible or at best very likely to break the lens as it bends back on the outer edge quite a bit. I assumed it was just a flat lens until i took those screws out and saw the right edge was turned back in towards the engine. I'm going to take those screws out below the bumper this weekend and hopefully that will be the fix to just drop it down. There might be a perfect angle to avoid taking the screws out of the bumper and just pulling the lens out, but i didn't have a lot of luck finding it.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
you should be able to remove the lens from the parking lamp housing with ease, after the housing is not attached to the bumper. change the bulb, make sure it works, then mount the housing back on the bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts