Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
64, trips & a 4 speed (Pictures added)

Not new to Forums but new here. I owned a bunch of GTO's over the years (first one was a 66 my senior year of HS 1971) but got out of them about 10 years ago & got into Harleys. I have since had a bunch of nice old bikes, currently have a 76 flh shovel & an 06 EG Classic. The Harley thing has pretty well run it's course & while I'm not ready to give them up, it was time for a change.

Two days ago I bought a numbers matching, 1964 GTO with Trips & a 4 Speed. A California emissions car, it needs some work, but it's an original car. Build sheet came with it. Built end of March first of April 1964. Runs well, drives nice. Doesn't have the right center carb (Chevy) but the other two are right. Goes in friday for tires. Sending the speedo out in the morning to the same guy that rebuilt the speedo on my 65 pan.

Car had a tach in the dash but three owners' back (I've spoke with him on the phone) kept it when he sold the car. Can anybody tell me if they are re-popping the 64 tach? Don't figure I'll find a vintage one for any reasonable money? I have called Ames & Year one & had them send me a new catalog.
They were who I went to ten or twelve years ago, so I guess I'll start with them.

Gonna get some pics & get them up on my website when I get time.

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions are appreciated. laz

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, Ames has repro in dash tachs for 64s.

I have an older catalog and they are $139 in the one I have.

Congrats, and welcome again!

Russ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts