Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is not the for sale portion of the forum, but I have a question only. I have a complete engine that was taken from a 65 (i think) GTO, whic also had the 4 speed tranny. I replaced these with a Tremec and a correct 68 block in my 68.
Is there a demand for the early block and trans? The motor was running great but leaked at the rear main and had blowby, after about 14,000 miles put on over about 20 years.
The block has casting 9778789, and stamped 394922 WT

Trans is stamped 241310 and 3851325, maybe 385325.

I gave up the heads along the way so it has a set of 62 castings and a Edelbrock performer intake.

I'm in South Carolina, appreciate your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
hard to read, 23.5? Hope you see the attachment
Can't quite make out the first character. It looks like either C235 or G235? It matters in this case. The first character is the month: C is March, G would be July. The reason this matters is C-March would mean you have a year model 1965 block, G-July would make it a year model 1966, because the Pontiac engine foundry each year would 'switch over' and start casting blocks for the next year at about mid-year.

Bear

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
I'm gonna call that a 'C'...you can verify by placing a piece of paper over the number and rubbing it with a graphite pencil. The numbers will transfer and be more legible.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I know this is not the for sale portion of the forum, but I have a question only. I have a complete engine that was taken from a 65 (i think) GTO, whic also had the 4 speed tranny. I replaced these with a Tremec and a correct 68 block in my 68.
Is there a demand for the early block and trans? The motor was running great but leaked at the rear main and had blowby, after about 14,000 miles put on over about 20 years.
The block has casting 9778789, and stamped 394922 WT

Trans is stamped 241310 and 3851325, maybe 385325.

I gave up the heads along the way so it has a set of 62 castings and a Edelbrock performer intake.

I'm in South Carolina, appreciate your thoughts.
Are you selling the motor & transmission ? Please PM me if so. Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
not sure how to pm. i aready sold the trans, but have the motor
PM= Personal Message. This is done by first signing in. Then look near the top of the page and you should see in red lettering "Your Notifications." Click on it to bring up a menu of optios and then click on "Unread Private Messages" to take you where you need to go. Then look at the left sidebar and click on "Send New Message." Then just like email, send a PM. :thumbsup: This is also where you will check for received messages and can respond.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts