Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I need to replace my front inner fender wells but I cannot find any replacements. I can find inner's for '66-'67 but not for '65.

Will a '66 front inner fender well fit on my '65? Any help would be very appreciated.

Joe.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Not sure, but probably not, or they would be listed as such. I would think a '64 inner fender would be a better bet, but again, not 100%. Have you tried Hemmings Motor News or Pontiac Heaven?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, but probably not, or they would be listed as such. I would think a '64 inner fender would be a better bet, but again, not 100%. Have you tried Hemmings Motor News or Pontiac Heaven?
Haven't tried Hemmings or Pontiac heaven yet, but I did find two or three restoration blogs of guy's who did end up using '66 inner fender wells for their '65 restorations. I only need the front inner wells, my back wheelhouse fenders are in great shape.

They said that '66 will fit no problem on a '65, even a '67 will fit, it will have a indent for where the power brake booster sits, to give more room. I will probably order the '66 fender wells, they look exactly like my old ones, minus the rot. If I can't use them, I know a few guy's up here that have '66's, so I can probably sell them pretty easy.

Thanks geeteeohguy for your input, I really appreciate it. :cheers

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks crustysack, I ordered the inner fender wells from OPGI, they came in last week and I installed them yesterday. They are the exact same size as my original fender wells.

The only hard part was installing the new A arm splash shields, front and rear well seals. Those staples are on PITA.

So if anyone needs to replace their '65 front inner wheel wells, you can use the wells from a '66 - '67, as the line up and fit very well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks crustysack, I ordered the inner fender wells from OPGI, they came in last week and I installed them yesterday. They are the exact same size as my original fender wells.

The only hard part was installing the new A arm splash shields, front and rear well seals. Those staples are on PITA.

So if anyone needs to replace their '65 front inner wheel wells, you can use the wells from a '66 - '67, as the line up and fit very well.
Would you happen to have the OPGI part number? I can't seem to find them on the OPGI website.

Thanks,

Phil

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would you happen to have the OPGI part number? I can't seem to find them on the OPGI website.

Thanks,

Phil
Hi Phil, here is what I ordered, they are for the front inner fender wells, along with the seals. They do fit the same as my original inners on my '65. Hope it helps.

Joe.

Seal, Inner Fenderwell A-Arm, 1964-67 GTO/Lemans/Tempest, Front
Quantity: 1
SKU: FSK5045
Unit: Pair
$20.99
Seal, Inner Fenderwell A-Arm, 1964-67 GTO/Lemans/Tempest, Rear
SKU: FSK5046
$18.99
Seal, Inner Fenderwell A-Arm, 1964-66 GTO/Lemans/Tempest, Upper
SKU: FSK5047
$20.99
Inner Fenderwells, 1966-67 GTO/Lemans/Tempest Left
SKU: G221474LH
Unit: Each
$177.50
Inner Fenderwells, 1966-67 GTO/Lemans/Tempest Right
SKU: G221474RH
Unit: Each

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Phil, here is what I ordered, they are for the front inner fender wells, along with the seals. They do fit the same as my original inners on my '65. Hope it helps.

Joe.
Thanks very much Joe. This is what I need for my '64. If they fit your '65 then they should also fit my '64.

Phil

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks very much Joe. This is what I need for my '64. If they fit your '65 then they should also fit my '64.

Phil
They fit, here they are installed last weekend.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts