Pontiac GTO Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Premium Member
Are you painting it yourself? and in the previous picture is the motor installed because it looks like you can lower the front some, the front wheels and tires look good. I almost went with Centerline wheels but everyone else said they liked the more nostalgic look and I agreed once I got them but it was a hard decision then I had the rims redline striped and found some Pontiac bubble decals for the center caps because I like nostalgia 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Are you painting it yourself? and in the previous picture is the motor installed because it looks like you can lower the front some, the front wheels and tires look good. I almost went with Centerline wheels but everyone else said they liked the more nostalgic look and I agreed once I got them but it was a hard decision then I had the rims redline striped and found some Pontiac bubble decals for the center caps because I like nostalgia 馃憤
Yes, going to look her over carefully see what I missed...fix a few dings, re-epoxy prime those areas, then PPG 2K, sand with 600 grit, and prep her for base coat/clear coat. Will take the front apart next weekend, clean up and paint the firewall, under hood, frame and radiator support. The underbody is partially painted with POR-15 and I will complete the remainder in the coming weeks. Next.. re-assemble, tape everything up and begin the Base Coat/ Clear Coat process. Picking something around a Fontaine Blue is my next quest. She does not have the original engine or transmission, not going for an "All Original" car. She was an old drag car that sat for many years and want to keep with the history. She may have spent time at Dover Dragway https://doverdragstrip.com/

Registered
Thanks Baaad65, your front and rear tire sizes have helped me figure out how to get some decent diameter matched rubber on 15' Rally IIs without having to force an upgrade to 17" Rally IIs.

Reactions: Baaad65
41 - 47 of 47 Posts