Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update 12/25/18 Just got the motor back from the machine shop after dyno work. Does anyone have a PDF or link for a 1965 GTO wiring harness?? Also a pic of a Street Tracker I just finished.

Thought I would start a new thread for the build.:grin2: I have to say Herbert Machine Shop in Reno was a pleasure to work with and I am jazzed with the work!

Buttler was just as helpful and not one thing needed to be returned. Wish I could say the same for Hotchkis!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Nice number. About what I hope to get out of my 455 build, but using iron heads. What cam and specs?

Ditch the steel fan. Get either a clutch fan set-up or flex fan.

Get the wiring harness diagram that most recommend. It is color coded and laminated. You can get a factory diagram which should be in the 1965 Service Manual, but several say the color coded and laminated one is far better. https://www.classiccarwiring.com/tempest/

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice number. About what I hope to get out of my 455 build, but using iron heads. What cam and specs?

Ditch the steel fan. Get either a clutch fan set-up or flex fan.

Get the wiring harness diagram that most recommend. It is color coded and laminated. You can get a factory diagram which should be in the 1965 Service Manual, but several say the color coded and laminated one is far better. https://www.classiccarwiring.com/1965-pontiac-lemans-tempest-gto-color-wiring-diagram/
Am I missing something? Hard to tell anything from that DYNO sheet without rpm . They look like great number but need to see where they are with rpm. Street or strip motor ? Happy holidays . Doug

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once again THANK YOU for the lead on wiring! I just cleaned and painted the fan and was wondering what to do about cooling? It was recommended to try the oem radiator and see but I am in cruise lines here in Reno with Hot August Nights and don't want to worry. Any perfect set up for the stroker?? Below is a new pic showing the RPM,I cut it off on the other pic. Happy New Year Jim and Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yes the motor is the original 389 and I will use it on the street. The transmission is a nearly new one I found at my trany shop. It has the Auto Gear case among other things in it. I sent the steering box out for quick steer upgrade, looks great. Went round and round with PS pumps and finally just cleaned up the old one and will see if it works? Summit is in Reno\Sparks and i took 3 home and none of them would mount up!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts