Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the movie is Setup and is a tuff guy shoot em up heist gone wrong double cross revenge flick( thats an Oscar category by the way) with Bruce Willis and Curtis Jackson (50 cent) just released to video and the star is a 65 GTO appearing in a beautiful Fontaine Blue Metallic . Great usage of the car showing how easy it is to transport a kidnapped victim in the ever so spacious trunk. Some discontinuity in the film appears when 50 cent follows someone in the car and is NOT NOTICED!!! also 50 cent gets out of the car with the window 1/2 down in downtown Detroit to get into another car to question them and the car is NOT stolen. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
I find myself looking for GTOs and other popular classics in older movies I have seen every Dirty Harry movie a zillion times, I now watch to look at the cars.... I saw the other night.... The Enforcer,,, Harry's buddy Charlie was backing out of a parking spot in a yellow '68 Lemans... sounded really nice too... Funny how in the background of movies like this are cars we yearn for now but back then they were a dime a dozen...

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
One of my faves was when I was watching a re-run of a 1968 Hawaii Five-O episode, and a police car used in a funeral scene was a Fontaine Blue '66 GTO hardtop with a gumball light and siren on the roof!!! Yeah, gotta love the older shows/movies that show these cars as just...cars.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The movie with Cameren Diaz and Tom Cruise there was a 65/66 GTO in it. Obviously it wasn't original but looked from the outside to be.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you remember "I dream of Jeannie"? Ol' Larry Hagman (JR Ewing) drove either a 66 or 67 blue convertible GTO. Can't remember which year it's been so long but I remember thinking how cherry it was.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Judge in the first episode of Walking Dead. 68 Convert in Lost World was like a GS with a Lemans nose. Weird Science wasn't that around a 70 GTO. Chet was great in that movie.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My Science Project had a blown 68. This movie is where I fell in love with the GTO and that body style. It is why I own a 69 now! "Hit the blowah!"

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Larry Hagman drove a brand new, current year GTO ragtop in 1965, 1966, and 1967. The '65 is I think dark blue with a 4 speed, console and has a clock in the dash, not a rally cluster. Black and white show in '65, so can't be sure. The '66 is Fontaine blue and varies between wheel covers and rally one rims. The '67 is Montreux Blue and is also a stick car, I believe. It also changes wheel treatments in scenes and episodes. It has a blue interior. In '68, the trend seemed to be Firebirds and other Pontiacs. Not sure if he drove a '68 GTO. Very tough to focus on Barbara Eden and Pontiacs at the same time.....

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I find myself looking for GTOs and other popular classics in older movies I have seen every Dirty Harry movie a zillion times, I now watch to look at the cars.... I saw the other night.... The Enforcer,,, Harry's buddy Charlie was backing out of a parking spot in a yellow '68 Lemans... sounded really nice too... Funny how in the background of movies like this are cars we yearn for now but back then they were a dime a dozen...
A blue '68 GTO appears as an "extra" in the "Bullitt" chase scene..........If I recall, various GTOs show up in a number of "Miami Vice" episodes.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Eric, ALMOST. The 1993 series "Lands End" has Fred Dreyer and Geoffrey Lewis as two retired, 50-something cops living in Cabo San Lucas and solving crimes. I videotaped most of the episodes at the time because of the GTO. It was a corny show, but the '66 was a dark metallic blue with an automatic trans, rally ones, and a parchment interior....a truly striking car. I remember one episode where the previous owner of the goat installed a solid gold heater core in the car to smuggle it in to the country.....!!! In another episode, Fred is in an auto parts store asking for tune up parts for a '66 Pontiac 389 4bbl". ...he obviously knew about the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts