Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I can't find anyone that produces the side window moldings for the 65 post car. I was told by OPGI the rear window moldings are different than the non post car. YEAR ONE, AMES, OPGI all have nothing. Can anyone point me in a different direction?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
im not sure about the rear window, but nobody makes the side moldings. you can have them restored or try and find someone selling good condition originals. $$$$. mine are in pretty nice shape but im always looking for nicer ones. very hard to find. I did buy one section years ago from a co. online called Chicago muscle. you can try frank's Pontiac parts in California also. be cautious, make sure they are in better condition than your own. good luck.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank wants $2500 for a set he chromed. Ughh. I have found a few pieces for reasonable cost but havent found a good set yet.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
So, I can't find anyone that produces the side window moldings for the 65 post car. I was told by OPGI the rear window moldings are different than the non post car. YEAR ONE, AMES, OPGI all have nothing. Can anyone point me in a different direction?
wow. nice lookin.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:smile2: Glad to see you guys are all still around. I have spent the last 1.5 years in my garage. Not everything went the way I wanted on the car but it's 99.999% better than it was. I'm in the process of putting the interior together now. For a first time build I learned a lot of valuable lessons. Those old parts are very important. Something you don't think about when your a 20 year old kid beating the hell out of your car. I thought I had better make her shiny for her 50th birthday!!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts