Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to replace my dented rear 65 GTO bumper. If anyone has purchased a bumper from AMES, OPGI, JEGS or any other company, your feedback on the quality would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I picked up a new repro from Performance years, two years ago. The fit was good and the chrome was very good. After two years it's still in good shape. By the way, cost for the repro was a third of the cost of having my original re-chromed. I still have my original store in the basement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe! When I spoke with the sales rep at AMES he said they may have sone light grinding. Was that an issue with your?..it seems like your happy with yours.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Thanks Joe! When I spoke with the sales rep at AMES he said they may have sone light grinding. Was that an issue with your?..it seems like your happy with yours.
Had no issue with grinding. The bumper was smooth, the only issue is at the ends that wrap around the rear lower quarter panels. The new bumper is not quite as tight to the quarter as the original, not an issue in my opinion. Yes I'm happy with the purchase.

Pic of new bumper, when I was replacing my trunk floor, last spring.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts