Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**I read the sticky on Turn Signals and got some good info, but still have a few questions.

Recently purchased a '65 GTO and got her home this weekend with no incidents. There is a power steering leak that I knew about and just have to track down.

But, more on the annoying side for now, is the fact that the left turn signal is constantly on. I can move the selector, and hear/feel a click but the left signal stays on.

I've got the owners manual, wiring booklets and soon to be a shop manual on the way, but was just wondering if anyone could point me towards the proper fuse in the meantime. There are enough people in Florida who constantly drive around with their turn signals on, I don't want to be one of them.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
How does the lever feel? Positive, or kind of mushy? Does it click strongly into place on both sides, and disengage when you turn the steering wheel? You will need to pull the steering wheel to get access to the switch so that you can check the contacts and the voltage. You most likely have a bad switch, but you will need to verify. What's happening is the left turn signal is getting voltage all the time. Most likely, the switch is closed on the left side, making the circuit complete.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does feel a little mushy, so I'm guessing it is probably the switch.

Guess I'll dig in and find out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So in the mean time, is there a fuse that controls just the directionals?

Also, from the reading I've done I've seen a lot about non-tilt steering columns...not much about tilt wheels. Anyone have any experience with a tilt wheel, not column shifted car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts