Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since my last update I have gotten the front seat mounts welded in and then was able to complete the sound dampening material under the seat area.

I have finished all the dash wiring,the only wires left are the power windows and seats.I have the heater a/c unit mounted and all wires connected to the dash controls, ran the heater hose and servo controlled valve. Was able to install dash vents and run the ducting.

Now I have decided that I will build a center console that will house the dvd player, it just wont work in the original hole with the a/c ducts. Or I may buy the ribbed bezels with the radio delete ( or make carbon ones :D) and incorporate the a/c vents in the center console.
I was also able to run all the brake lines and have begun hooking up the ECM and engine wiring harness. God damn it sure does take a lot of time to build a car :willy:

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
The reward will be the satisfaction of knowing you put it together the way you wanted it. That car is going to get you more attention than you can handle....:cool

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking good! Took mine out today, first extended outing since the big fuely motor went in. I could not find a road big enough to use it all up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looks fantastic! I think I am copying what you are doing, but about 1 yr (or so) behind. What console did you go with? Looks like Autometer Carbon Fibre gauges, and the console has a carbon fibre look. Are you by chance doing a Vintage Air system as well? I'd love a close up shot, if you have one, of the complete dash assembly. Also, what are your plans around the steering column?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts