Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I resently bought a 65 Temptest , and i have an issue with leg room using brake & clutch peadal . I' only5'11 but dam my knees are hidding my chest to get my feet on the pedals. is this a common with this year ? Can I unbolt the seat & drill new holes and just move them back ? any imput would be helpful .

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I resently bought a 65 Temptest , and i have an issue with leg room using brake & clutch peadal . I' only5'11 but dam my knees are hidding my chest to get my feet on the pedals. is this a common with this year ? Can I unbolt the seat & drill new holes and just move them back ? any imput would be helpful .
I actually posted a similar question as I just got my 65 back from the interior shop and the seat movement is very limited. I have confirmed it is moving the full range of motion, but that is very limited compared to todays standards. (My 56' Bel Air goes back further.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya it really sucks . I just looked under and the shop never used the orignal factory holes for the sets. there forward almost 2 in. which isnt alot but it makes a differance . I'm goiong to pull the seats out tonight and move them back 4 in. I'll have to drill thru the main cross braces but it wont affect anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts