Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there 0r is there a way of holding front seatbelts at the console side so you dont need to dump them off into the back floor or let them sit on the seat as you can see here

Attachments

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
To satisfy my wife who wanted three point belts in my GTO, I found a nice set from Julianos who gave me good tech assistance. They also offer the regular lap belts and seem to have a solution to your problem. (Julianos started providing DOT quality belts for street rods but several years ago got into the muscle car belts.) I think there is a forum sponsor who also has good belts but don't know who they are.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've heard rumors that starting in 1967, Pontiac GTO's had a bolt hole positioned in the roof panel for a driver & front passenger three point belt system....I haven't pulled my headliner down to look...does anyone know if this would have been an option in 1967?.. after all it was a banner year for GM safety improvements...as it was the first year for optional front disc brakes, dual master brake cylinder, collapsible steering column, bucket seat locks, & emergency flashers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've heard rumors that starting in 1967, Pontiac GTO's had a bolt hole positioned in the roof panel for a driver & front passenger three point belt system....I haven't pulled my headliner down to look...does anyone know if this would have been an option in 1967?.. after all it was a banner year for GM safety improvements...as it was the first year for optional front disc brakes, dual master brake cylinder, collapsible steering column, bucket seat locks, & emergency flashers.
Actually starting mid 66 (Jan I think) all GM cars were equipped with mounting holes for front shoulder belts. And starting with the 68 models, mounting holes were provided for rear shoulder belts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks GTOJUNIOR...First time viewing this, my 1967 GTO doesn't have the 3/16" hole in the Body Plate, so I guess unless ordered by the buyer, they didn't bother?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You all are correct, I checked my 1967 Body by Fisher manual and it states all body styles had the shoulder harness bolt hole for driver & front passenger seats...amazing, even after 52 years I learned something new about by 1967 GTO...now if I could only locate the build sheet, and figure out what "13-2D" means on my body plate, all mysteries would be solved.!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You all are correct, I checked my 1967 Body by Fisher manual and it states all body styles had the shoulder harness bolt hole for driver & front passenger seats...amazing, even after 52 years I learned something new about by 1967 GTO...now if I could only locate the build sheet, and figure out what "13-2D" means on my body plate, all mysteries would be solved.!
Does anyone know where the mounting holes might be (if they exist) for a three way belt on a 1968 GTO convertible?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed shoulder belts on my 67 hardtop GTO about ten years ago, using a set of nice shoulder belts I found on ebay that matched my lap belts. I had no problem locating the mounting holes using these GM documents and these measurements from Charles Broussard off his 67. I used a very fine pick to locate the mounting holes after careful measurement, made a small slit in the headliner, and installed the bolts. Mounting the little retaining brackets that go just above the driver's- and passenger's-side seats is not as easy as they require drilling holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not just a rumor! I think ‘66 only some cars had anchors, and trim tag had a hole punched to indicate that anchors were installed. The two threaded holes are a few inches forward of the coat hooks. The seatbelt webbing is folded and stitched around a metal bar that bolts into the two holes. There is a plastic clamshell that covers the bolts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts