Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help i need a diagram of the vacuum lines for the air con , i didnot take the car appart so i dont know where any of the hoses go any help would be great thanks:confused

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please can anybody help me with this , i need to put the vacuum hoses back so i can fit the dash , any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you mr animal that is very helpfull , please check out my web site www.azaap.com if you need any rust free arizona parts also some pics of the gto i am doing $25 hour shop rates for restorations , my wife will up date the web pictures on sunday so you can see all my pontiacs mostly ta,s:cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 65 this looks the same,except for were the lines connect at the junction to go out to the engine.is that a canister or a junction into one line to engine?
thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
If your referring to round/circle portion of the schematic, if you look close you will note there are numbers.
That circular image represents the Vacuum Valve/Control head.

Similar to this;

·
Registered
97 Posts
My vacuum lines go threw the fire wall I don’t have that pice.at some point who ever had my car first cut the vacuum lines coming out into the engine compartment.the scamatic looks the same until you get to that vacuum valve.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is good information but does anyone have a schematic of the vacuum lines as they route into and through the engine bay?

Thank you,
Andrew

·
Registered
83 Posts
To be more specific I need to know how to route the 1/8" vacuum lines that come through the firewall in the upper part of the heater box. Anybody have a similar car that you can send me some photos?

Attached is a photo I found on line to clarify which lines.

Thank you,
Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
To be more specific I need to know how to route the 1/8" vacuum lines that come through the firewall in the upper part of the heater box. Anybody have a similar car that you can send me some photos?

Attached is a photo I found on line to clarify which lines.

Thank you,
Andrew
Not sure if this helps, but these are pics from my 66'....Everything (AC/Heater ) works !

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you very much JNYBOY. On yours as well as others I see have two hoses going to the vacuum actuator. This car has the vacuum actuator but with only one inlet. I am beginning to believe this car has an incorrect vacuum actuator.

What says the GTO Hive?

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
That is without question the wrong actuator. All '66 AC equipped A-Bodies utilized the plastic two port unit.
These are avail from most major Pontiac vendors, However the air box/case will need to be removed for installation.

Attached below are the Vacuum Diagrams from the 1966 Tempest Air Conditioning Manual.
If I can can assist further with anything from the manual just let me know.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
....I agree with GTOJUNIOR, that the one in your picture is incorrect. ...I looked up the correct one for the 66', in the Original Parts Group Catalogue and it's Part # BR02521...$88.00...Maybe a better price somewhere else, but ....... My Best J

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is without question the wrong actuator. All '66 AC equipped A-Bodies utilized the plastic two port unit.
These are avail from most major Pontiac vendors, However the air box/case will need to be removed for installation.

Attached below are the Vacuum Diagrams from the 1966 Tempest Air Conditioning Manual.
If I can can assist further with anything from the manual just let me know.
Cheers
Thanks for the info, pictures and drawings. On these cars does removal of the air box/case include removal of the fender like my '69 Camaro?

....I agree with GTOJUNIOR, that the one in your picture is incorrect. ...I looked up the correct one for the 66', in the Original Parts Group Catalogue and it's Part # BR02521...$88.00...Maybe a better price somewhere else, but ....... My Best J
I'm working on a '67 model and see it is represented for '65 - '67. https://www.opgi.com/gto/1967/interior-accessories/heater-ac/BR02521/ I'll have to place my order.

Thanks again,
Andrew

·
Registered
83 Posts
I guess I should not have hijacked another thread but the topic is similar. I am working on a '67 model and do appreciate the help.

So, do I have to remove the passenger fender? I hope not.

A photo for your viewing pleasure. :smile3:

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
I had to go look at the '66 it's the only one with AC.
It's been awhile and the more I thought about it I had to go look and have to retract the statement on removing the Plenum.

You can access the speed nuts on the actuator by removing the interior main ducting, this will reveal the opening/access into the Plenum from the interior.
Its tight but can be done. It may require removing the Radio for better clearance/access but you'll be able to determine that once you have the duct out.
Below is a shot of a loose plenum showing the location of the opening on the plenum.
FWIW the smaller image I just shot with my Iphone scope I probed up/under the dash showing the speed nuts and arm screw that retain the vacuum actuator.

Side Bar;
I maintain a twin to your '67 for a sweet older lady.
Luckily it's Non AC ;)

Cheers

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts